Chapter 6 ~ Classic Vs. Emo

Roman's POV:

The sleek, black Impala sat idling in between a copse of trees just a few feet from an otherwise abandoned power plant. The once bright red bricks were now old, dingy, having lost a fair portion of its coloring due to weather and age. Even most of the windows had long since been broken, leaving the whole building with a very eerie feel.

Yasmin and I sat outside while Sam and Dean had went on in to check out the place. We had attempted to protest but were subsequently ignored. The dial twisted this way and that between Yaz's forefinger and thumb then as she tuned to find a good station. But unfortunately, all Dean had was rock ones set. Which was fine if you only liked music made from 1965-1980 but what about the rest? Not, of course, that my sister felt the same as I did about it...

"Oh, I get hysterical, hysteria! Oh can you feel it, do you believe it? It's such a magical mysteria when you get that feelin'-" a song blared out from the speakers.

Yasmin grinned from her position in the front seat beside me, bobbing her head to the music with one hand on the steering wheel as if she belonged there.

"Gee, the greatest hits of mullet rock, "I murmured under my breath sarcastically before a sigh escaped past my lips.

I reached over then, about to change the station when Yasmin's other hand shot out almost faster than I could perceive it. Fingers wrapped tightly around my wrist and I scowled, attempting to break free of her iron grip.

"Turn the dial and I murder you, Romy," she threatened, green eyes hardening in a way only an older sibling's could.

"You know that's not fair. You've literally had full control of the radio since they left. And that was a half hour ago," I pointed out but her grip only tightened.

She shook her head, "Nope. It's perfectly fair. See, I was born first, Roman. That means I have seniority till the day you die, squirt,"

Rolling my own dark eyes, I finally managed to struggle free of her grasp, "Not unless you go first. And don't call me that, by the way,"

Yasmin chuckled as the song began to wind down, slowly fading out as it did.

She pouted and I grinned triumphantly before facing her, "And that means it's my turn,"

When I did twist the dial, I stopped briefly before hearing a new song filter out through the speakers in the car. Yaz and I shared a grin - a rarity for us - as the guitar riff got louder and louder.

"Breaking my back just to know your name, seventeen tracks and I've had it with this game," we sang along with the radio, "I'm breaking my back just to know your name but heaven ain't close in a place like this. Bring it back down, bring it back down tonight, never thought I'd let a rumor ruin my moonlight..."

I beat my hands on the legs of my jeans in tune to the song before we both began to head-bang to the chorus, "Well, somebody told me you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year. It's not confidential, I've got potential!"

We weren't even able to finish singing before bursting into laughter, lost in our own memories.

"Gosh..." Yasmin laughed as she dialed the volume down a few notches, "You remember when mom used to play these songs? We practically grew up on her emo music,"

I nodded, grinning as I counted them off, "30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, The Killers, My Chemical Romance-"

"-thank all that is right and pure in this world that they are back," Yasmin interrupted with a smirk.

"-Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Tokio Hotel, Panic! At The Disco and I can't even remember all the others," I finished with a smile and shake of my head.

Yasmin nodded in agreement, about to speak again when a sudden, chilling sound rang out in the air. It was loud like an explosion but sounded more like a pop...gunfire. My eyes widened in shock and horror, glancing over to see my sister's expression mirroring my own.

It took us all of two seconds to react, to know exactly what we had to do. Dean and Sam were still in there - not to mention possibly mom somewhere. And right now, they needed us. Quickly grabbing the handgun from the glove compartment that Dean had left for us, Yasmin checked the bullets before tossing the angel blade to me. We'd discovered it hidden in between the seats when we were bored one day - thank goodness for that. Glancing up then, my sister's eyes locked on mine, asking silently the lingering question.

Without a second's hesitation, I nodded in response. Because I was ready.

For whatever came our way.