Chapter 36 ~ All the Angels Got Daddy Issues

Episode: Season 15 - Inherit the Earth Pt. 3

I bit my lip as Dean fishtailed the Impala before heading in the opposite direction of the Bunker. Jack had awoken, only to direct us towards a presence he felt. We all were more than skeptical this time because of Miracle. But all the same, we decided to go with it.

Beaten and tired, we headed in that direction. As it turns out, Jack's 'feeling' led us to an old, church. It was beautiful, a towering edifice. The interior even more so with ornate stained-glass windows decorating each wall.

Imagine our surprise when we trudged into the darkness of the church only to find Michael. Yes, that Michael - the Archangel one. Now he claimed he was going to help us, that Chuck left him here alone - just like we had been. But I wasn't so sure I trusted him yet. He hadn't really given us much reason to in my opinion.

Of course, our situation only went from worse to even worse as lo and behold, the one and only Lucifer decided to show up, too. Same reason - daddy issues, yada, yada, yada. I don't know, I tuned out for most of that. Suffice it to say, he did help us at least read Billie's death book we'd been trying to get into. By making then killing a reaper but then again, he was Lucifer - we couldn't expect sunshine and rainbows with this guy.

Which is why it was no surprise when he back-stabbed us by revealing he had done all of this - getting in our good graces, snagging the book - just to please Chuck. That didn't set well with Michael, though, and he stabbed him for it. Ashes to ashes and Lucifer was gone for good.

You could say I wasn't surprised when Dean barged into our shared bedroom that night, a serious expression plastered to his face as he quickly shut the door behind him.

I frowned, closing my Dark Artifices book as I sat up on the bed with a sigh, "What's wrong now? Julian was just about to kiss Emma - granted, that's been happening a lot but still-"

"Michael's playing us," Dean cut me off sharply.

That got my attention, suddenly all business as I replied, "Since when?"

Dean sat down beside me with a deep sigh escaping his lips, "Since he got here basically. Did you see that look on his face when Lucifer was goading him about being Chuck's golden boy? It ate him up. There's something not right there..."

Leaning into Dean's side, he wrapped his arm around me automatically, bringing me closer. My cheek rubbed against the soft flannel of his plaid shirt as my own arms wrapped around his waist, reveling in the feeling of safety that came with the warmth of his embrace.

"So he's working for Chuck, then?"

"Seems that way. Sam's got a plan, though. We gotta play it to the letter, though. Otherwise, I'm not sure how this will go down."

I nodded in understanding, flicking my gaze up to meet his. Candy-apple green connected to cocoa brown for a second before his mouth met mine in a chaste kiss , a whisper of warm breath fanning out onto my lips.

"We're gonna be okay, Parksy. I promise."