Chapter 33 ~ Daddy Dearest

Episode: Season 15 - Drag Me Away (From You) Pt. 2

Yasmin's POV:

Roman went with Sam, of course, as we split up and unfortunately, I got stuck with Dean. Not my first choice by any means but he was all I had so I shut my mouth, letting the subject drop.

Wandering down the hallway of the hotel, gun held tightly in my hand, I followed after Dean. Briefly, he stopped at a junk machine, a strange look on his face before moving on. Moving from door to door, we listened but heard nothing interesting - nothing that pointed to where Baba Yaga was hiding. All this running and hiding from her was starting to make me feel like Chihiro.

But as we walked, finally, a door swung open - 214. I glanced over at Dean and saw him return it with a wary glance of his own. This was the room Travis died in.

"I've seen this movie before." Dean mumbled under his breath, retrieving his gun from the waistband of his jeans.

He cocked it once, flicking the safety button off as slowly, we made our way inside. Suddenly, it slammed shut behind us and I nearly jumped out of my skin, not expecting that. But glancing back ahead of us, the way had suddenly changed. We were no longer in the hotel room - no, this must be the Cannery, that old abandoned place not far from here. But how was that even possible? Some sort of hallucination perhaps?

Dean trudged down the stairs first, making sure I stayed behind him as we descended. The "Cannery" was dimly lit, cobwebs hanging from every available surface. Looked like a scene plucked straight from a horror movie.

As we turned a corner then, the nest we had been looking for came into view. It was mostly made up of random objects, stolen, I assumed from various rooms in the hotel. But what was most nerve-wracking was the sight Dean uncovered as he ripped the sheet back - the pale-white corpse of a child.

The face, the deep hazel eyes, were familiar to me - and for good reason as Dean breathed, "Sam."

My fingers latched onto his arm instinctively, urging him to know this was only a trick - none of it was real. He sucked in a sharp breath, nodding to me as we turned back to leave this nightmare of an alcove.

But as we did, an eerie voice spoke from the darkness, "Hey, Dean,"

Spinning around, my eyes met that of who I could only assume was Baba Yaga, now having taken the form of her last victim - Travis.

"I know what you are now," Dean sneered, shooting a bullet straight into its chest.

The witch's body convulsed at the force but instead of collapsing in agony, only grinned at the two of us, "That won't work,"

"Aren't I a little old for you, huh? I thought you liked kids," Dean spat.

"Oh, I do," Baba Yaga conceded, chuckling darkly as its eyes landed on my figure, half-hidden by the shadows as I stood next to Dean, "How kind of you to bring a snack...I'm starving!"

I didn't have a chance to react before it took a swing at Dean, knocking him out with a crowbar that had appeared in its hand. My eyes widened in fear then as it lunged for me, not giving me a chance to even run as it knocked me to the floor, the witch's body colliding with mine. I could hear my gun skitter away from my hand as I fell but it was too late, I couldn't even reach it now.

Baba Yaga's hands went around my neck, squeezing viciously as I felt my air supply being cut off. I could practically feel my face going red, dark spots dancing behind my eyes as I clawed at the fingers pressing down on my skin, strangling the life right out of me.

Glancing out the corner of my eye, I could see Dean's unconscious body lying there, so still. It all hit me then - a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. This was it - this was how I was going to die.

Everyone says your life flashes before your eyes - all the moments, memories, wishes, wants. But for me, all I could think about was one thing - the people I was leaving behind.

I was so lost in this thought, this one single nagging thought at the forefront of my mind, that I didn't notice the sound of the door being pushed open, didn't hear a clatter as someone got up off the ground. In fact, I didn't hear anything - not until I was two seconds from being pulled under forever and suddenly, the pressure on my neck was removed. I gasped, sucking in big lungfuls of air as I turned onto my side.

A scuffle was going on on the other side of the room, a slight glance told me it was Sam and Roman taking on the witch. And suddenly, before I could even utter out one word, I was being pulled into a tight embrace - Dean's.

There were tears in those candy-apple green orbs, so identical to my own, as he gathered me to his chest, rocking me back and forth in his arms as he repeated over and over, "It's okay, I've got you. Shh, you're okay, Yaz. I've got you, I'm here..."

I kept choking on the air, still trying to even out my breathing as my fingers latched onto his plaid shirt, burying my face in his chest.

Dean seemed surprised - well, a little more than surprised - at that but what shocked him most was the words bubbling up from my lips. Something even I had never expected myself to say. But nevertheless, they were words I had always wanted to, always needed to - from the very beginning.

"I love you, Daddy."

Note: These two are breaking my heart, I love their daddy-daughter relationship so much - and now they've finally made up! ^_^!! I hope y'all liked this chapter :)