Chapter 9 ~ She's Ba-ack!

Parker's POV:

My eyes blinked open - once, twice, three times - before I finally began to regain consciousness.

I didn't even know where I was, couldn't even remotely tell. I was in a bed, yes, that was familiar - the feeling of soft cotton and polyester wrapped around me, a soft downy pillow beneath my head but as to a bed in what room in what place...

I turned then, just slightly, in the bed and that's when the scent hit me - the sweet mixture of apple pie and motor oil. A scent I hadn't smelled since...

Groaning, I put a hand to my head. Gosh, I had such a headache...what had I been-?

"Kids!" I gasped, sitting bolt upright, despite the splitting pain in my head and basically all over my body.

But a gentle, reassuring hand pushed me back down immediately. The person - male - shushed me quietly.

"Easy, easy. Rest, Parker..." the voice said to me softly as I groaned, eyes fluttering shut once again.

Usually, I'd be on guard, not letting anyone tell me what to do. But that voice...it was so familiar...one I hadn't heard since...since...

Forcing my chocolate-brown eyes open once more, I could see things more clearly and the first thing that came into view was a face I had missed so dearly it made my chest ache.

"Sammy..."I breathed out, not wasting a single moment before falling into his arms in a tight hug.

Tears clouded my vision as he hugged me back, bringing back a wave of memories locked deep inside my subconscious - things I'd almost forgotten until now...

"Sam, sweetie, don't you agree with me? I'm always right and we both know it," I shrugged, the smile still in place.

Sam sighed again and briefly glanced over at his brother.

He shot me a small smile, ignoring my threats as he grabbed me up in a hug, smushing me to his chest.

"Thanks, Parker. I owe you one," he said quietly, cheek against the top of my head.

I groaned and pushed on his chest, wriggling out of his grasp before brushing the wrinkles out of my clothes.

"Look, Parks, I just wanted you to know...no matter what happened in our past...you'll always be my best friend," he said quietly, making me glance his way.

A smile split my face, warmth washing over me from his sweet words, "You'll always be mine, too, Sammy."

"I missed you so much," I choked out, my words muffled by the soft cotton of the plaid shirt he wore as the full extent of everything hit me, making me trail off, "I know how I left things..."

But when he finally pulled away, Sam brushed a stray ebony strand of hair from my face and smiled down at me.

"Park, you know I could never stay mad at you. Not over anything, not ever." he assured me, his words gentle as always.

I felt a weight lift from my shoulders and a sigh escaped from between my lips unbidden. Having that resolved at least, my mind flitted to the thought of my children then.

"Yasmin? Roman? Are they okay?" I asked again, eyes locking on Sam's hazel gaze.

Hesitantly, he began to nod in response, "They're okay - now,"

I eyed him warily, "What do you mean 'now'? What happened, Sam? Where are my kids?!"

Note: Woo!! So Parker is FINALLY BACK, Y'ALL!!! And having chapters in her POV again lol So from this point forward, I won't label any as her POV until I switch to someone else - she's the default setting once again haha :P Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter! Stay tuned 'cause there's more drama to come ;)