Chapter 41 ~ Expansion

Episode: Season 15 - Carry On Pt. 2

My heart was pounding in my chest and my palms felt sweaty as I made my way to the bedroom I'd shared with Dean these past months. It had only been a few days since we'd been back from the Pie Fest and I admit, I had been procrastinating on telling Dean my plans. Or rather, my hopes.

If I was being truthful with myself, it wasn't something I had ever thought I'd be wanting in my life - not voluntarily chosen anyhow. And yet...as old as I was now, it was no longer a scary thought.

Taking one last deep breath, I pushed the door open gingerly to reveal Dean sitting on the bed, cleaning his gun. I almost rolled my eyes - I should have known.

His eyes locked on mine as soon as I stepped inside and he smiled lightly, putting the weapon away once I'd neared the bed. Dean's arms wrapped around my waist as I stood in front of him, bringing me closer.

This is what I'd always loved about Dean - there were never need for words between us. Not in these little moments anyhow. Sweetly, I planted a kiss on the top of his blond hair, my fingers caressing the stubble on his cheek as I gathered up the courage to say what I needed to. And as always, Dean waited patiently for me to do so.

It all came out in an exhale, a rush of words straight from my heart of hearts - the hope, the wish that I had been harboring for the past several weeks now.

"Dean, I want another baby."

Utter silence followed the statement, enveloping the whole room. If a pin had dropped, it would have been as loud as if a grenade had went off. My heart thundered loudly in my chest, so loud I thought Dean must be able to hear it too. Truthfully, I was absolutely terrified of this reaction - what if he didn't want another child? What if he thought one was enough? What if, after all this time, he thought we both were too old to even consider the possibility of having more children?

It was a long time that we stood that way, his hands firmly holding to my hips, eyes averted from my own. But finally, when those candy-apple green eyes met mine, they were soft, filled with the faint trace of tears and an unexpected adoration. And most of all - love.

Slowly, he stood up from the bed, towering over my much smaller frame as his hands slid upwards from my hips to rest on either side of my face. His fingers were gentle, soothing as he caressed my skin and my own eyes filled with hot tears as words spilled from his lips like a waterfall.

"Park, I would...I would love to be a father again... So, let's do this. Let's have another kid."

A choked sob burst free from my throat and I threw my arms around his neck, drawing his body tightly against mine. Dean's arms encircled me as I pulled away only long enough to place a passionate kiss on his lips, of which he eagerly deepened for a moment in time that felt endless with its beauty.

My fingers ran through the short strands of hair at the nape of his neck, feeling enveloped totally and completely in his love.

It was only then, deep in my heart, that I knew a new door had opened - a new chapter was beginning for Dean and I.

A whole new world.