Chapter 13 ~ Where Do We Go From Here?

Note: Sorry for the lateness in this update, guys! My dog recently passed away this past week. I've had him almost my entire life so it's been really hard on me... But I tried to write this for y'all anyway so I hope everyone enjoys! ALSO, I decided to write a little something special into this chapter for all my Darker stans out there ;) You can play the song at the end if you like ^_^

Episode: Season 15 - Golden Time Pt. 3

My chocolate brown eyes widened at the sight of him standing there. I...I never thought he'd come for me. Not after...

"Witch-killing bullets," Dean said suddenly to the witch standing beside me and Sam.

"Dean, wait, she's..." Sam started before he collapsed in pain, the sounds of the girl sticking pins in a voodoo doll the only sound to be heard in the hallway.

"Let her go, or he dies," she threatened Dean before hooking a thumb towards me, "Her, too,"

Dean's emerald-gaze hardened, "Well, it looks like we got ourselves a little bit of a stand-off. Two on two,"

The lights flickered overhead then and I arched an eyebrow in surprise. Couldn't be Eileen...wait...

"More like two on three," Mama Blue Fairy smirked then, confirming my suspicions just as her recently deceased daughter materialized beside Dean.

With a flick of her hand, she threw Dean to the side and hit the wall hard with a groan.

"Dean!" I called out, glaring over at the witches.

They began to chant then, each of them coming to take one of us out. As it turns out, Mama Blue Fairy was pretty strong as she began to hex both me and Sam, my knees having already hit the floor. I groaned, feeling pain course through my body. I'd felt magic, hoodoo even, at the hands of others before but not in so long, not since before I got my powers. Eileen showed up sometime in the middle of all this, helping us out. But it still wasn't enough.

I could practically feel her slowly killing me. And I could see the agony written all over my best friend's face. Just as the girl was about to squeeze the voodoo doll harder, a gunshot rang out in the air like the pop of a firecracker. Spurts of crimson blood splattered all over her white dress and her mother gasped as the girl collapsed onto the floor, eyes wide and unseeing.

I sucked in a sharp breath of air as the constricting of my throat eased, filling my lungs over and over with desperately-needed oxygen. My gaze slid over to the emerald-eyed Winchester to see him holding a gun, an unreadable determined expression on his face. He'd saved me? 

The witch mother's eyes hardened suddenly and angered, she stalked towards Dean, beginning to chant again. It felt like it was all happening in slow-motion as her spell began to take hold, sucking the air from his throat. No! 

"NO! DEAN!" I screamed, picking myself up off the floor to race after her.

She ignored me though, chanting faster and faster, "I'll grind your heart to dust!"

Dean groaned in pain before I put on a burst of speed and my body collided with hers. Her head hit the floor with a loud crack as I tackled her, a trickle of blood rolling down her skin as her eyes widened in clear surprise. I grinned down at her then, opening my fist to show her what I'd been holding onto for the past five minutes - a tiny, purple pouch.

"You... How?" she gasped out.

I shrugged, thinking briefly of my mother's Familiar, Philippe, "I learned from the best,"

As she protested, I shoved the pouch into her mouth, clamping my hand down hard to keep both it and the screams inside.

"O Ichor, igne putrefaciatur, ex sanguine flagrante, te invoco." I recited loudly, holding her down the best I could.

Finally, she quit fighting me as blood seeped from her eyes and mouth, her body going completely still. Taking a deep breath, I crawled off of her and slowly stood up.

I glanced over at Dean then, at a loss as to what to say or do next. Thankfully I didn't have to as Sam walked in with Eileen, saving the both of us from a very awkward - yet inevitable now - conversation. A few short minutes later, we were back on the road and back to the Bunker. But as the Impala's engine revved up, my eyes slowly met Dean's in the rear-view mirror.

I inhaled a sharp breath and looked down at my hands, the darkness of the night covering what was likely a warm blush creeping up my cheeks. Dean pulled out onto the highway then and I leaned my head on the backseat.

Tracing the pattern of light rain sliding down the blurry back window with a slender index finger, light music drifted from the stereo. A sad smile graced my lips, the artist familiar to me.

"Like waking up from a fantasy and all that's left is you and me..." she sang, my eyes drifting back over to Dean.

I bit my lip. Was this really what it had come to? Were Dean and I always destined to find our way back to each other? Was this what God had always intended our story to be?

Sighing quietly to myself, I let my mind wander back to all the times we'd had together, all the times we'd saved each other - both mentally and physically. Dean and I...we'd always had something special. And after I left, I thought it was over between us for good this time. But now I couldn't help but think...

"Where do we go from here? Where do we go from here?"

My gaze locked onto Dean then, feeling my heart beat just a little faster. He'd saved me back there - and he didn't have to. But he still chose me...

"How do you fly with no wings? How do you breathe without dreams? Where do we go from here? From here..."

My gosh...where did this leave us now?