Chapter 30 ~ Aggressive Negotiations

Episode: Season 15 - Gimme Shelter Pt. 2

A few hours later of backseat driving, arguments over radio settings, laughter and jokes, the boys and I stopped at a gas station to fill up Baby. Together, the three of us sat on the end of the Impala as Dean put the nozzle into the holster.

"Not going in for a snack?" Sam asked him, eyeing his brother curiously.

"Saving room. Four hours till all you can eat," Dean assured him, "I have a process,"

I arched an eyebrow over at Sam as he checked his phone for the location, sharing a glance with him as he sucked in a breath, "Ooh, can your process last for six hours? Lane closures at seventy-six."

Dean cursed loudly and I shushed him with a kiss to the top of his head, caressing his cheek. Sam shot me a knowing smirk and I pushed him with my foot. Ever since Dean and I had gotten back together, I admit, we had been pretty lovey-dovey. At times, it was hard to keep my hands off of him. Making up for lost time, I suppose. At least, that's what I told myself.

I tried not to think of the other reason nagging at me - that I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible if Jack didn't win against Chuck, if these were the last days we could spend together...

I shook the awful thought aside as we all got up from the back of the car, the boys saying something about pork rinds, and walked towards the gas station.

"I think we can do better than that." a feminine voice said as we all looked up.

Standing in front of us was a beautiful dark-haired woman, dressed in a baby pink blazer and matching trousers.

"Hello, Dean," she flirted with a smile, "Miss me?"

The three of us said nothing but it didn't deter the woman as she went on, "You headed somewhere fun?"

"Well, we were headed to you actually," Dean told her reluctantly, seeming guarded.

"How did you find us?" Sam asked the woman who I now assumed was Amara.

"I smelled you two states over," she told him before returning her gaze to my husband, "You have a very distinctive musk,"

"Thank you," Dean smirked and I elbowed him in the ribs - hard.

Dean mouthed an 'ow' at me to which I just shrugged. What? He deserved it. There would be no flirting in front of me.

"And I got wind of your friend, Castiel's angelic APB. I knew you were looking for me,"

"We wanted to talk," I told her.

She eyed me up and down then, seeming to finally really see me standing there, "Ah, so you must be the ex then - Carter,"

"It's Parker actually-" I corrected her, my voice hard before lifting my hand, wiggling my fingers, "-and that would be wife. Not ex."

She arched her eyebrows once, as if she wasn't quite surprised. Amara offered lunch then and with exchanged glances, we all agreed to dine with her. Even if that maybe was not the wisest choice - it was really the only option here if we wanted to chat with her. Which, of course, is how I found myself wedged between both Winchesters in a tiny booth across from the Darkness at a random diner. Just a normal Tuesday, nothing to see here.

"We wanna take your brother down," Dean was in the middle of telling her as the waiter came to serve us, "And we need your help,"

"What makes you think I'd do that?" she asked, taking a mouthful of food with her fork.

"Because you've got beef with him. Past and present,"

"Amara, I saw into Chuck's mind," Sam put in, gaining her attention, "His memories. He asked you for help,"

"Refusing to help him isn't the same as betraying him," she pointed out.

I couldn't help but nod, agreeing, only to find Dean shooting me a disapproving look to which I only shrugged in response, going back to my piece of pie.

"You know what he's been up to the past couple of months - snuffing out universes one after the other-" Dean started but she cut him off.

"I know, I can feel it. He's very nearly done with the others,"

"And you don't care?"

She shook her head minutely, "It doesn't matter. There's nothing you three can do,"

Sam and Dean shared a knowing look and I rolled my eyes, knowing the "best" part was coming.

"There is," Dean began, "See our pal, Jack, he's a Nephilim and he's getting stronger every day. And soon he'll be strong enough to overpower Chuck. Now we have a way to...trap him but we can't do it without you,"

Amara fell silent, thoughtful as she eyed the three of us. In the quiet, I continued to take big forkfuls of apple pie from my plate, watching the exchanging with rapt interest.

But I was more than a little surprised when one word dropped from her lips, her expression serious and determined, leaving no room for argument.

"No."