Chapter 17 ~ Memories & Karaoke

Episode: Season 15 - Last Call Pt. 4

We sat down at one of the empty tables then, talking over our life and what had been going on - Dean and I conveniently leaving out the fact that we'd only recently gotten back in touch with one another.

"Oh, tell me, bro...how's the old man?" Lee asked suddenly.

I fell quiet as I took a swig of my beer.

"He died. Yeah, 13 years ago. But, hey, he was doing what he loved the most..."

"Sorry, man."

"Yeah, I appreciate that."

We all toasted John then before Dean continued the conversation, "Man, so I don't think I've seen you since Sammy was in college,"

"So that's been a lifetime ago," I commented, earning a grin from Dean at the remark.

"So, uh-" Lee started, gesturing with his beer bottle between me and Dean, "-what ever happened with you two?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

Lee rolled his eyes as if I was a child, "Come on, now. Everybody knew, even back then, y'all had a little something going on. Truth be told, I thought two of y'all were sneaking around even back then. Especially that time John found hand-prints on the Impala's windows-"

I almost choked on my beer then, spluttering as Dean clapped me on the back a couple of times, "That so was not me, okay? That was another one of his little-"

"-friends," Dean supplied with arched eyebrows.

"Well, no friends of mine-" I started but he cut me off, answering Lee's question.

"Uh, nah. Not then anyway. I mean, that's to say, we did, uh-" he began, fumbling over his words.

"-date once," I continued for him as my coughing fit subsided, trying to shake the burning sensation on my back where Dean's hand had been.

That was my own fault, I suppose. This shirt was too thin, I could feel every callus on his fingertips through the material. I shook off the feeling then, tuning back into the conversation.

"-lot of stuff was going at that time. So...we're not, uh..." Dean trailed off, not knowing how to say it but luckily, Lee understood and said nothing else.

"But we do have a daughter together," I supplied with a smile, brushing a strand of ebony hair back from my face.

Lee let out a laugh, grinning, "I'll be! Never did peg either of you as parents. Proud of y'all though. 'Cause having kids in this life? That's great,"

"I have a son, too, actually," I continued, the smile still in place.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah. With Sam, though."

Silence lapsed again and Lee's mouth formed a brief 'O' before he recovered with a bright smile, "That's, uh, that's great. So you and Sam-"

"No."

"Oh."

Let's just say I let Dean take over the conversation at that point while I went to get another beer. Quite clearly I had been out of the hunting game too long. And maybe out of the socializing game too long, too. But by the time I got back, thankfully, they were on to more shots.

"Ghost sickness?" Lee asked incredulously, looking over at Dean.

"Oh gosh, I remember that!" I chimed in as I sat down on the other side of Dean.

"Eugh, it was no fun. Everything was scary. This cat jumped out at me, had me checking my pants!" Dean said as Lee laughed at him, "I'm not joking. It was awful, man!"

"Dean the scaredy cat," I teased, sticking my tongue out at him briefly.

"Yeah, yeah," he waved me off, rolling his emerald-colored eyes.

Both of them fell into a conversation about the case then as I drank more beer.

"-but that's a conversation for a different time, 'cause this - this right here, this is all right," Dean was saying to Lee as I finally tuned back in once more.

"Well, I'm glad you approve. This is nothing you can't have, man,"

"Oh, come on. Who's gonna kill the bad guys?"

"Somebody else. Dean, how many lives you think you saved, huh? Hundreds? Thousands? You deserve a break, bro. You might even deserve two!"

The band on stage began to tune their instruments as Lee stood up, "Remember that old song your dad used to play us before we'd go out on a Hunt?"

"Yeah. Yeah, he'd pop it in the tape deck, say, 'Listen up, back there. This is real music.'"

I grinned at the memory. John hadn't always been the best father to the boys, I knew that. But that was one good memory that lingered in all our minds. Lee escaped to the stage then and I grinned as Dean sighed, shaking his head.

"Come on, boy. You can't just sit around lip-synching "Eye of the Tiger" while no one's watching," Lee said into the mic to Dean.

A loud laugh escaped my lips as I tried to stifle my giggles with my hand, happy memories flooding into my mind of the both of us - so much younger and sitting on the roof of the Impala, singing our hearts out. As Dean walked over to the stage, my eyes briefly traveled to his tight jeans before he stepped on beside Lee.

"Straightenin' the curves! Oh, flattenin' the hills! Someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will..." he sang into the mic and I laughed lightly, grinning up at him as he sung beautifully.

His green eyes locked on mine as he sang and suddenly...suddenly, I was happy I came.

Note: This was so much fun to write, oh my gosh ^_^ Expect a LOT more updates, y'all, cause I have a ton of stuff pre-written, just waiting to be posted! ;)!