Chapter 10 ~ BFF Reunions

"What do you remember?" he countered.

Frowning, I thought back on the past few days - the hunt, the vamp nest I stumbled across...

"Not much," I shook my head, briefly putting a hand to my temple in an attempt to soothe some of the pain there, "There was some vamps stalking the town, I went on a hunt to kill them but...but..."

"-but they got you, instead." he finished for me with a grim glance at the purple-blue bruise forming on my right cheek.

A beat of silence ensued before he continued, "The kids come to find us after you didn't come home. That's when we found you in that warehouse - tied up,"

"And the vamps? Are they-"

"-dead, yeah. As many as we could get anyway. But you were losing too much blood and Roman..." Sam trailed off then and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What's wrong with Romy? Sam? Sam, what happened? Is he okay?" I demanded, my mama bear instincts coming out full-force.

Sam cleared his throat then, looking uncomfortable before meeting my gaze, "He did a spell,"

Surprise filled me at that revelation, "Roman did a spell? On his own?"

It was Sam's turn to be surprised.

"You mean you've been teaching them how to..." he trailed off once more, shock evident on his face before he began to shake his head, "When you took them away, I thought..."

"That since I didn't want them involved in the supernatural world, I wouldn't be teaching them magic?... I didn't. Not at first, anyway. But they found my grimoire..." I sighed softly, the noise loud in the otherwise quiet room before I shook my head, changing the subject, "But what about Romy? Is he alright?"

"He's fine, Park," Sam reassured me, "He fainted - right after it happened. But he'll be okay, he just needs to rest. Like you,"

"How long have I been out?"

"Three days."

"Three days?!" I arched my eyebrows in surprise, the groggy feeling wearing off only to be replaced by agitation as I threw my covers back, attempting to get up.

Hunter's reflexes kicking in, Sam had me pushed back down in less than a second, a stern expression on his usually calm face, "You're not going anywhere, you need the rest."

Rolling my eyes, I began to protest but as he leaned back in his chair beside the bed, I watched as a sigh escaped his mouth. Tiredly, he ran a hand through his disheveled brown locks. It was then that I finally noticed just how exhausted my best friend looked - like he'd been awake for days, running on only coffee and chocolate bars.

"Looks like someone else needs some rest besides me." I pointed out and glancing over at me, he cracked a small smile in response, nodding in agreement.

As he got up from the chair, he stretched once, managing to somehow make himself look even taller than he already was before turning to the door. But before he did, he turned back to face me, "Oh, and Parker...

When he trailed off, I glanced up at him expectantly, waiting a beat.

"It's good to have you back."

Ever so slowly, a smile split my face and Sam exited the room. Hm...maybe being back here wouldn't be as bad as I had thought it would be...

My gaze flicked curiously around the room then, thoughts tumbling back to where I was. And suddenly, my location stuck me with perfectly clarity as I took in my surroundings. The scent of apple pie and motor oil, the familiarity of the soft sheets wrapped around me. Quickly sitting up, I snatched a picture frame off the nightstand and cursed under my breath as the photo came into focus.

Smiling back at me from about 15 years ago was a snapshot of Dean and I hugging. Gosh, I looked so happy back then, I thought to myself, gaze locked on the frozen image of myself gazing up joyfully into his eyes with him glancing down lovingly.

Another curse escaped my mouth unbidden. No wonder this bed felt so familiar...

I was in Dean's room.