Chapter 20 ~ Heart by Storm

Note: This was my favorite chapter to write in this book tbh - please hold for some MAJOR Darker moments ahead ;)!! Also, the song is above to listen while you read when the song starts ;) ENJOYYYYY, MY LOVELIES!!! ^_^

Episode: Season 15 - Last Call Pt. 7

As it turns out, I had nothing to fear. The madrid was easy enough to kill and so was Lee. That hurt though - more than I cared to admit. He'd been an old friend, closer to Dean than me. But still...to take down an enemy was one thing but a friend? It was all the more painful. We'd tried to talk him out of it all but he was too far gone, it was too much...

I trekked after Dean as we left the bar, back to the Impala.

"I'm sorry about Lee," I said suddenly, breaking the silence that had grown between us since it happened.

"Yeah...yeah, me too." he said distractedly as he reached a hand through the window and started the engine, the radio coming on automatically.

A serious expression passed over his face then, his emerald orbs unreadable as he turned his gaze towards me from over the roof of the Impala.

"You know, he, um...he brought up something yesterday. It's been on my mind ever since. When we were talking about our lives, about everything before... I told him what happened. With us," Dean admitted, glancing down to stare at his own image reflecting off Baby's decal.

My eyebrows arched in surprise for a split second, "You did?"

He nodded slightly, "When you left to get more beer...and he said something,"

An old song by a familiar artist came on then, the soft music drifting out through the car window.

I waited for him to go on, not really knowing what to expect. I could feel my heart beating fast in my chest, uncertainty swirling inside of me. His green eyes flicked up to meet mine then, his gaze intense and unyielding.

"He asked me why you didn't say goodbye."

The words hit me like a ton of bricks, completely catching me off-guard. Whatever I had expected, this was not it.

"What are you talking about?"

"I am caught off-guard by you..."

"When I came to after..." he trailed off then and I looked away from him, knowing exactly where he was headed with this, "I couldn't sleep that night. Because I knew it was over between us. And I was mad...I was mad for so long, Parker,"

"Like a wave, I'm pulled into..."

He began to make his way back around the car then, over to where I stood as he continued, "But I'm not bitter anymore because I know that what we had was real... But, you know, after all we'd been through, I still can't believe that is how you left things between us,"

I finally met his gaze then, feeling anger rise up inside of me from the accusation. How dare he!

"It's a feeling I can't fight..."

"You really think that I didn't say goodbye to you because I didn't care?!" I bit out, taking a step closer to him, "I cannot believe that after all these years, you do not know one thing about me!"

"Fine, then why didn't you say something?!" he yelled back at me.

"Like a wildfire, deep inside..."

"Because it was too hard, Dean!" I screamed, feeling tears build up behind my eyes, "I can't even begin to explain how much I missed you. All these years! When I would think about not seeing you every day, it made me not want to go,"

Dean's green eyes bored into me, expression pained, vulnerable as he listened.

"Okay? So if you think that-that I didn't say goodbye to you because you don't mean as much to me as everybody else, you're wrong! It's because you mean more to me!"

I felt my chest heave as the tears finally slid down my cheeks, unbidden, "So there, alright?! There's your goodbye!"

Those emerald eyes, those eyes that could always see right through to my very soul, gazed at me with an intensity that was overwhelming in that moment. I sucked in a sharp breath, not knowing what would come next, not knowing how he would feel about my confession.

But just as I heard the crescendo of the song hit, Dean's lips crashed into mine.

"You're taking my heart, by storm!"

The kiss was urgent, hungry as his hands found my waist and mine slid to the nape of his neck.

"I'm lost in your love, lost in your love,"

He crushed my body to his, leaving no room between us as our lips melded together and at once, I was tasting his love again after so long.

"I can't hold back anymore,"

My legs hit the fender then and I could barely breathe as I kissed him back, not wanting this moment to ever end.

"I'm lost in your love, lost in your love,"

As I lost myself in him, he pushed me back onto the car hood. My fingers ran through the short tendrils of his blond hair as I felt his hand slide up the hem of my mini-dress to rest on my thigh.

"You're taking my heart, by storm,"

A gasp escaped my mouth as Dean deepened the kiss, my heart pounding in my chest at the pure passion of it all.

"You're taking my heart,"

I could feel the warmth of his body against mine, making me feel safe and secure as it always had. No other man had the ability to make me feel this way, this overwhelming desire inside of me. I only ever felt it for Dean.

"You're taking my heart, by storm,"

I had no idea how much time had passed nor did I remember the car ride home. All I could remember was the present moment, the pressure of his hands as they moved down my skin, my body nestled against his amid the sheets.

"You're taking my heart..."

Tilting my head, I gazed up into gorgeous candy-apple green eyes as my fingers caressed his jaw.

"I love you, Dean." I breathed out, my heart swelling with so much love I thought it might burst.

I felt his breath mingle with mine then as he answered softly before closing the distance between our lips, "I love you, too, Parker. Always."