thirty five

y'all really wanted this chapter so i just finished it as fast as i could ahaha

i sat on my bed waiting for jake to come back up with snacks so we could watch hannah montana. when he finally came back i remembered what he said at the coffee shop.

"so bubba, you gonna tell me whats up?" i asked, grabbing the popcorn bowl and sitting as close to him as i could.

"huh?" he looked at me with a mouth full of oreos.

"what was bothering you?" i asked, pausing the movie, only for him to press play and ignore me. "jake, please just tell me whats going on." i begged, and he sighed, pausing the movie again.

"yknow i love you right?" he asked and i nodded.

"yes and i love y-" "and i wanted so badly to be with you for the longest time." he said, i sat confused and scared, considering i actually am falling in love with him.

"its just, ever since we got together its felt the same as before, like we were just best friends." he said, i felt the tears build up in my eyes as i listened. "i think i was wrong, we were never meant to be more than friends." he finished.

i had no words, i dropped everything to give him what hes been asking for, only for him to say he doesn't want it. i wiped my tears as they fell and gave him a small smile of reassurance.

"i understand, so just best friends bubba?" i asked, he nodded, pulling me onto his lap. i hugged him tightly and let myself cry onto his chest.

"i love you, i really do." he said, i looked up at him and smiled.

"i love you too." i responded, he wiped my tears and grabbed a tissue to clean the mascara stains on my face.

"im so sorry." he said, i shook my head.

"don't apologize, its okay." i told him, giving him a small peck on the lips.

"i will miss that though, thats one thing we cant do as friends that i would like to continue." he joked and i rolled my eyes.

"do you want one more?" i asked and he nodded.

i gave him another kiss, but this time my lips lingered on his. then i pulled away and sat back in my spot, pressing play on hannah montana.

halfway during the movie jake had ended up spilling the popcorn all over my bed so i went to make a new bowl while he cleaned it up. i was surprised to see my mom standing in the kitchen talking to a man i had never seen before.

"domino, hi hunny." my mom smiled and i scrunched my brows.

"whos this?" i asked, coming off rude.

"this is my friend from work." she said, lying straight through her teeth. my mom was good at everything, but if she had to lie, it was clear as day.

"well, friend from work, could you excuse me so i can get to the microwave and make this popcorn?" i asked considering he was standing in front of it. he didnt say anything but moved, watching my every step, which made me highly uncomfortable.

i made the popcorn and went upstairs where jake was making the bed.

"my mom has some creepy ass dude in the house and wont tell me who he is." i said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"wanna go spy on them?" he asked and i laughed at how he sounded like a little kid.

"yes." i answered.

we snuck halfway down the stairs just before we reached the kitchen and listened to the best of our abilities.

"she can be so rude sometimes, i really am sorry, i thought she would stay in her room." i heard my mom say.

"its fine, honestly. you didnt tell her you were selling the house?" the man asked, my eyes went wide and i could feel my hands start to shake.

"no, we've lived here for her whole life, i need to know for sure before i tell her anything. i did find a nice house in-" i ran up to my room before i could here anything else.

i couldn't believe she was selling the house without telling me.

"domino im so sorry." jake said and i rubbed my eyes to keep from crying.

"its whatever, i dont have any choice clearly so why bother." i muttered, laying on the bed. "can you grab the box from under my bed?" i asked and he pulled it out.

"i know i never smoke around you but i just, i need to feel so shitty right now." i told him as i opened my window.

"can we climb on the roof?" he asked, i smiled slightly.

"yeah."

we climbed up on the roof with blankets and pillows, being able to see for what felt like miles.

"this is amazing." jake mumbled, i smiled at him as i smoked.

"yeah, i used to come up here all the time with luke and carter when we were little." i told him, laying back and looking at the sunset.

"whyd you stop?" he asked, i bit the inside of my cheek.

"we grew up, got tired of this kind of thing i guess, i really dont know." i replied.

"im telling them to come over." jake said, and i smiled.

"luke has noen, and im sure carter is with zach and zachs gonna want to bring troy." i told him, he shrugged.

"its the whole group." he said, typing something on his phone then mine went off, meaning he texted the groupchat.

about an hour later they all had showed up in one car. when they got out they were confused as to why we were on the roof.

"howd you get up there?" noen asked, looking up at us.

"i'll show you." luke said and they all went into the house, a few minutes later they came out of my bedroom window.

"hi baby!" i squealed and hugged noen tightly.

"i missed you!" he exclaimed, not letting go of me.

"hey lovebirds." zach smirked at jake and i which caused me to frown.

"actually, just friends." i corrected and they all got wide eyed.

"really? i saw you guys all lovey dovey at the coffee shop earlier." troy said and i chuckled.

"im surprised you saw much with your tongue shoved down that girls throat." i retorted, he rolled his eyes and sat next to zach.

"shes just a friend, i guess." he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"yeah? last time she was 'just your ex' or was that just you lying to me?" i asked.

"okay, new thing, how about we smoke and not kill our exs." carter interrupted, stopping me from throwing him off the roof.

"shes the one whos dated more than half of the group." troy scoffed, it took everything in me not to do something stupid.

"yeah, lets smoke."