Letting Down Your Walls

You didn't mean to keep ignoring Hawks.

Actually, you did, but you didn't mean for him to become so worried he started tracking you down.

You took one last sip of your whiskey sour and emptied the glass cup, knowing that you wouldn't get the opportunity to inebriate yourself further as your blonde haired friends brown eyes caught your own dull [e/c].

Damn, you would have to give him more credit, he did find you relatively quickly. How long ago had he texted you? An hour ago? Two?

Izuku was currently having a sleepover with Sina, and Atsumi was staying at his place for the night. Normally you would have enjoyed your day off with a glass of Rose and your favorite t.v. show, but...

Your eyes hardened their stare on the wooden grains of the table, your hands clenched into fists.

This week, was a hard one for you. The autumn leaves had just begun to fall, casting you in vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows. It was your favorite season, your favorite week,

Which is precisely why you wanted to have your wedding with Itsuki during these last few days of September.

That's what you had talked about in passing, never bothering to get too invested as you both thought the rest of your lives were in front of that relationship.

You never wore rings, but...

He would call you his little wife sometimes, and you would call him your husband. It was playful, with a hint of promise. A hint of hope. A hint of the future.

You needed another drink.

"[f/n]" His deep voice brought you back to reality, and for a moment you had forgotten he was even there. You didn't even realize Hawks was in his hero costume until the gasps of surprise and the flashes of cameras started to reach your eyes and ears. His bright red rings were tucked neatly behind his back but still on full display to admire, his light blue goggles resting ontop of his fluff of blonde locks while his headphones wrapped casually around his neck.

His normal happy go lucky grin was gone, instead replaced with a grimace.

A stab of guilt shot through your heart at such a look, and your face burned red with shame and anger.

"What? I wanted to be alone." You scowled, the iciness of your eyes catching Hawks off guard.

He hadn't seen such a look in years. He had already become so used to your warm smiles and softness, that for a moment he forgot just how cold and calculating you could be, how you used to be. You could rebuild those walls around you faster than anyone could ever attempt to knock them down. Your eyes only scanned him briefly before turning back to your table, and he felt an achingly familiar pain emerge from his heart.

Did he really just go back to step one with you?

No, something must have happened.

Something with him. His mind flashed back to when you mentioned a stalker, and his brown eyes darkened.

"Come on, lets go." while his voice was soft, his tonality gave no room for arguments.

Unfortunately for him, you were quite stubborn and at the moment didn't appreciate being ordered around by anyone. You glared at his outstretched hand and slapped it away.

"Oh my god is that his girlfriend?"

"His secret lover!? Are they having a fight!"

"Excuse me miss?!"

You were used to the paparazzi when you would hang around Hawks. They never really bothered you to much and Hawks was a great public speaker. He would do his thing, sign some posters, give a quick comment and with a wave of his hands his fans would smile and wave back.