You Can't Hurt Me

There were twenty whole seconds until it would turn into 2:33 am. You had been counting.

At first it was just glances at your phone as you laid in bed for a full hour, tossing and turning while your tired eyes flickered open and closed with annoyance. This had turned into two, and then three.

Now you were staring at the passing numbers as though the action would slowly lull you into sleeps grasp with open arms, and finally allow your tired brain the rest is deserved.

You watched as the numbers changed slowly until finally 2:50am rolled around, and your legs couldn't stop shaking.

'Your location is compromised. Your face has been covered on national television from the gossip magazine 'Secrets' in a segment about the #3 hero. You need to lay low, I have no doubt in my mind that Itsuki is making his way to this area as we speak.'

The sound of Kida-sans voice rung through your ears now, even hours after the phone call.

How could you even bring yourself to sleep, knowing that you children might be in danger because of you?

Because you did something stupid and acted out?

Because you used to work as a villain.... A tired sigh left your lips once more as you rolled onto your back, your [e/c] eyes blankly staring at the ceiling.

You needed to walk around, to drive and listen to music, to do something.

But should you? What if Itsuki was prowling around right now, hoping to catch a glimpse of you? What if he was tracking your location using his friends that still worked for the police?

No, you wouldn't let yourself live your life in fear.

You wouldn't let the thought of Itsuki stop you from doing what you wanted. This was YOUR life, and you deserved to live it any damn well way you pleased. You knew how to fight, you could defend yourself...

You just hoped, you felt just as strongly if you peered into those familiar green eyes that sent so many different feelings tingling down your spine.

With a grunt of self approval you finally rolled out of bed, turning on your lamp as your threw on your slippers and black scarf, wrapping your soft black jacket snugly around your slightly cold figure. You debated telling Atsumi you were going out, so he would know to look after Izuku in case anything happened but decided against it. Atsumi would automatically check on Izu if anything happened anyways as he always had, and he deserved to sleep through the night. You quietly tiptoed past their bedroom doors and silently opened your front door, double checking that you had locked it behind you. Once you were out you quickly walked over to your car, anxious to start it so you could crank up the heater. Your breath had come out in little puffs of smoke as you breathed and fumbled for your keys, and when you were seated inside it was only slightly warmer. Luckily the heater started up relatively quickly, and you found yourself relaxing with ease as you pulled out of your driveway with no destination in mind, your favorite songs already filling the comfort of your car. The twinkling of stars and the moonlight brought a smile to face, the artificial lights of the city becoming brighter and more frequent the further you drove into the city. Maybe you should go to that lake you and Keigo went to when you were kids.

You smiled at the thought, your mind drifting back to a week ago when you had a mental break down in his arms told him about Itsuki. While you normally would have frowned at even the mere mention of said name, you smiled.

Smiled because in the memories you could remember the warmth of Keigo's jacket as he wrapped it around your unwilling figure, the softness of his eyes and the heat of his lips-