Step 3

A/N: Just a quick note: Remember, this is an alternate universe. R5 does not exist and the Lynches are not famous whatsoever. They will also not all be siblings, but they will be in the story.

"W-who?" I stuttered. The tears had dried, but were soon pooling my eyes once again as I thought about that night.

"Ross Lynch," he said warily. I could see why he was confused. As far as he knew, I was just some stranger he had just saved from being raped. That's it. Not that it wasn't a big deal or anything...

"Oh my God," I murmured. A tear escape my eye and I looked at the boy more closely, praying it actually wasn't him, that this was all just a dream. Everything suddenly became blurry, and the room started spinning.

"CATCH HER!" a female voice screamed.

That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

******************

I woke up to the beeps of machinery and a soft voice singing. I felt someone holding my hand, rubbing their thumb over the back of it softly.

The gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds

But they haven't seen the best of us yet

If you love me let me go

Cause these words are knives that often leave scars

The fear of falling apart

And truth be told I never was yours

The fear, the fear of falling apart

I smiled to myself, listening to the soothing voice quietly carry out the song. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. For some reason, I was in the hospital. And there was a boy sitting next to me. He looked about 17 or 18, blonde, but I had no clue who he was. But here he was, sitting next to me, holding my hand, singing softly.

"Hey," he smiled at me once he saw I was awake.

"Hi?" I said, coming out more like a question. He chuckled, shaking his head slightly.

"What? What's so funny?" I asked, extremely confused.

"You," he grinned. "You're adorable."

"Well shmanks," I said in a funny accent, then attempted to flip my hair over my shoulder. And just my luck, I end up hitting my hand on the wall with a smack.

"Owwwwww," I whined, shaking my hand slightly. This just sent the boy into a laughing fit. Cute giggles erupted from his mouth as his face turned a deep red. Great, I just totally embarrassed myself in front of a cute guy.

"You're so funny," he got out in between laughs. I laughed along with him, deciding to just laugh at myself rather than let it bother me.

"So, uh, who are you?" I asked once we stopped giggling. He immediately froze, his eyes glazing over. I could tell he was in extremely deep thought, and although I didn't want to bother him, I wanted to know who he was.

I waved my hand in front of his face a few times before he finally broke out of his trance. He shook his head a few times and looked back at me.

"Sorry, uh, I'm Ross Lynch," he explained.

"Oh, so, uh, how do I know you?" I questioned. He stopped breathing. Literally. His face was turning redder by the second. I frantically pressed the button by my bed over and over, desperately hoping nurses would come rushing in. Nothing happened.

"HELP!" I screamed. "I NEED HELP!" A man came sprinting in and I immediately pointed at a now blue Ross. "He's not breathing," I choked out. It was then that I realized I was crying.

"Call for more nurses," the man ordered, desperately trying to somehow keep Ross conscious until help arrived. I turned to the button again and pressed it what seemed like a million times before nurses came rushing in.

"He's stopped breathing " the man explained. The two closest nurses automatically grabbed Ross and laid him on the floor gently but quickly. Then one pinched his nose, opened his lips a bit, and laid her lips on his, giving him mouth to mouth.

After what seemed like ages, Ross finally coughed a bit and tried to sit up, but the nurses laid him back down.

"You need to rest, boy," one nurse said.

"I'll get you some water," another one suggested, and they all walked out and went their separate ways. I shifted my attention towards the man who came in here first. He was tall and had short black hair. He seemed no older than 23.

"Thank you," I muttered, looking at him graciously.

"No problem at all," he smiled.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Calum Hood," he explained. "You?"

"Piper Murray," I introduced myself.

"Well it was nice to meet you Piper, not in these circumstances, of course," he chuckled a bit. Then he turned his attention to the boy on the floor. "And you are?"

"I'm Ross Lynch," the blonde said, looking very annoyed at the fact that he had to lay there until the nurse got back.

"Calum," the man said again.

"Thank you, man. You saved me," Ross smiled.

"Just here at the right time. It could have been anyone," Calum shrugged.

"But not everyone would have helped," I piped up.

"Exactly. So thank you, man," Ross repeated.

"You're welcome," Calum smiled a half smile. "Well, I should get back to my dad. See you guys around." And then he was gone. But he was soon replaced by the nurse.

"Alright, Ross, you can sit up now. Here is some water to drink," the nurse handed him a bottle of water. I felt bad for him, the nurse was treating him like he was five.

"Thanks," Ross murmured and snatched the water from her. He gulped down half the bottle and got up from his spot on the floor. He returned to his seat next to me, and the nurse left.

"Sorry about that," Ross muttered, his cheeks heating up.

"It's not a problem. I was just worried about you," I explained.

"Well thank you," Ross smiled sheepishly.

"Well, Miss Murray, it seems you are up and well," the doctor said, entering the room. "I'm just going to ask you a series of questions quickly." I nodded my head in understanding.

"Alright what is your full name?"

"Piper Jane Murray," I stated confidently.

"Ok, and when is your birthday?" he asked, writing a few things down on his clipboard.

"March 23rd."

"And how old are you?"

"I'm 13." The doctors head shot up at my answer.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"13?" I said again, coming out more like a question this time around.

"I see," he muttered and frantically wrote on his clipboard. I looked over at Ross who just had a bewildered look on his face.

"What is the last thing you remember?" the doctor asked.

"The last thing I remember is hanging out with my boyfriend, Marcus."

A/N: Quick little update here. Special shout out to lovemecalum . Go check out her stories, they are FANTASTIC!
Comment/Vote/Follow. Thanks guys :)