Chapter 11

Our eyes lock in contact for a moment but I break it quickly and look away. Once he is done , he leaves the room. After little while I see Esme hop into the room with her teddy bear.

   "Daddy told me I can sleep with you." She gets into bed and we both lie down. She wraps her little hands around me and I hold her in my arms. Something about this makes my heart glow. I feel the connection again. I smile and kiss her head.

   "Good night Abby."

   "Good night baby."

   I wake up in the middle part of the night feeling thirsty as ever.  Without disturbing Esme I get out of bed and go to the kitchen. I turn on the light and take some water and drink. I make my way back with a bottle of water but stop by Harry's room

   "No no no please don't take her away," I hear his voice.

   I walk into the hall and find him sleeping on the couch. There are some files and a laptop in front of him. He must have fallen asleep while working.

   "No no please I love her," he says.

  Here he goes again with another nightmare.

   I walk up to him and tap him gently.

   "No please understand I never murdered her." I stop when I hear that. Is he talking about his wife?

  "Hey wake up." I shake him.

  "No no no please .Esme no!!" he yells.

  "Wake up!" I yell and slap his face. His eyes shoot open with tears in it and I feel bad for slapping him.

   "What are you doing here?"

   "I came to drink some water. I found you stuck in another nightmare so I helped you."

   He nods and blinks swiftly as he closes his laptop and grabs all the files.

   "Wait here." I go into the kitchen, grab him a bottle of water and come back. I sit down beside of him and give him the bottle. He sighs and takes it. He opens the cap and gulps the water. I'd be lying if I said the way his Adams apple moved while swallowing didn't look hot. Ugh Abigail stop. He gives me the bottle once done.

   "Who tried to take her?" I ask referring to his dream and before.

   "I don't know."

   "Do you have a suspicion on someone. Like who came in your dream?" He stays quiet.

   "It's okay if u don't wanna tell. I'll just leave-" he cuts me off ,"No sit." I nod.

   "Well it could be Esme's grandparents-"

   "Yours or hers?" I interrupt.

   "Hers. They want to take Esme away from me."

   "Why?"

   "Because they think I'm bad for her and I'm not fit to be a father. They think I'm a murderer."

    I stay silent. Honestly I think that's not true. Based on how much Esme talks about her dad and look at her clothes and everything I'm sure he looks after her well. But then again how can I be sure.

   "Do u think I'm bad for her?"

   "No."

   "Do you think I'm a murderer?"

I stay quiet. How can I answer him? I don't know anything of his past. He kidnapped me. Obviously I think that.

   "I knew it. I knew you see me just as they do," he yells.