Chapter 16

12th March

Abigail's Pov:

   Hours and hours pass by but I can't seem to fall asleep. I just can't stop thinking about my dad and how messed up my life is. Ugh couldn't Harry just asked me about everything already. At least I would have felt relieved but no he's gone out for hours now. Somewhere to find a new place to stay. I try to turn but stop when I hear soft snores. Hardly after her dad left, she came and got on top of me and fell asleep. It's been hours now that my body starts to feel cramped up and numb. I'm almost gonna wake her up when I hear footsteps. I look up and see Harry walk in with a bag. He carries Esme in his arms and taps her face. He wakes her up and puts her down after kissing her head. I try sitting up but it only causes me pain. I grab my hip and groan. He quickly puts his hand on my shoulder and pushes me down.

   "Lie down. I need to treat the wound first."

   He puts his hands under me and turns me over.

   "I'm going to have to cut your pant up till your knees. I'll remove the piece around the wound and make the jeans three fourth."

   "Okay."

   I feel his hands on my calves. I close my eyes and prepare myself.

   "This is gonna hurt," he says.

   "Have my teddy," a little voice says.

   I open my eyes and lift my head to find Esme showing me her teddy.

   "I always hold teddy when I have to take medicine or get an injection," she says.

   I nod and thank her. I take it and hold it tight under me. I feel him cut the material around the wound. I hiss when the material touches the wound.

  "Sorry. This wound is horrible," he says.

  He continues cutting and then I feel it sting when he starts cleaning it. I grind my teeth and keep my eyes shut tight. I feel him bandage one leg then the other. After that he puts his arms under me and turns me around. He puts his hand under my back and helps me sit up.

  "Where else did you get hurt?"

   "Right hand and hip."

   He grabs my hand and runs some ointment on it. He even runs some on my neck and cheek. Then he looks at my hips.

   "I need you to lift your top," he says.

I nod and lift my top a little. He runs his fingers on my hips and for some reason that makes my stomach flip. I watch as his face is in a frown as he rubs the ointment on my hip. If I said he didn't look great I'd he lying. Who am i kidding?? He looks super hot with his blonde hair falling in his face and his glasses over those beautiful eyes. Ugh Abigail!! What are you saying! Shut up! I mentally scold myself. Once he's done I quickly pull my top down. He wipes his hands on his pants and takes out three boxes from his bag. He gives one to his daughter and one to me with a spoon. I use my left hand to open the box which takes a lot of effort. I somehow do it and find hot curry rice inside. I put the spoon in and try lifting some food in the spoon using my left hand but I end up throwing it on myself. I sigh and try again. I freeze when Harry grabs my hand and takes the box from me. He scoops some food and brings it to my mouth. I'm in awe and can't help staring at him as I eat the food he feeds me.

   "Daddy, where is buddy?" Esme asks after he fed me and ate.

   "I gave him to a friend honey-"

   "But daddy I-"

   "Esme we aren't living in our house. We can't keep buddy with us now. I promise we will get him back soon."