Chapter 29

"D-Dad"

  Another figure appears behind him and I recognize him immediately.

   "Nelson," I say with disgust.

   I feel a hammer pounding my head as I'm still not recovered from the memory collision. But I try not to act weak.

   "Where is he?" My dad growls.

   I remain unshaken by his tone. I push myself up. Okay, body keep your shit together. Keep your shit together.

   "Tell me," he yells in my face

   "Why should I?" I ask.

   "Take her to the car. I'll find him," he says and grabs my hand. I swat his hand and step back. But Nelson grabs both my hands and holds it behind me.

   "No, let go," I protest and try to pull away.

   "Leave me!" I yell and try elbowing him but he's fast to wrap both his arms around me and hold me still.

   "Leave me!"

   Then My Dad slaps me hard.

   "You are supporting him now! That b*****d who killed his wife and wants to kill me your father," he yells.

   I laugh sarcastically.

   "More like you killed her and put the blame on him," I casually say.

   His eyes widen for a moment.

   "Oh, so he told you. He told you everything," he growls

   "Yes. I know about mum too."

   "Did he tell you that his wife cheated me. She came disguised as my secretary and was a threat. I can't let go of a threat. And yes I have your mother locked up. Holly was about to save her, If she did my entire company would have been down. I can't let that happen. My company is my life."

   "So m-mum is still alive?"I shutter.

   I feel relieved.

   "Yes didn't he tell you? It was on that same night that she thought she would escape that she had to watch her saviour die," He says

   "Why?" I scream. "Why did you do all this? We trusted you!!"

   "Because that ungrateful b**** came to know my secrets and wanted to let it out. I couldn't let that to happen. So I locked her up with the other prisoners "

  "Prisoners? What are you? Some cop or something?" Sarcasm dripping from my voice.

   "I hate you!" I yell as I try to struggle out of Nelson's grip.

   "Don't talk to me like that. I'm your father," he snaps.

   "That was before you decided to lie to me." I spit.

   He catches my hair and makes me look at him.

   "Listen here young lady, I don't know what that kid did to your mind but now you are coming with me. There are things that need to be sorted out," he says.

   "I will not come with you," I yell.

   "You got no other choice." He chuckles.

   "Even if you take me now, he will pin you down. He will get his revenge on you," I tell him.

   "Oh honey, he's helpless without you."

   I laugh.

   "What's so funny?"