Chapter 22

"Thanks Neil, " I say and shake his hand.

   "J-just don't hurt Abby okay? And don't ever tell her I'm involved. " I nod and leave with Lewis.  I take the car and drive straight back to the hotel.  Suddenly someone runs in front of me and I slam the breaks.

   "What the-"

  "Harry! Harry listen!" Lionel says as he opens the car door and gets in looking like he just saw a ghost.

   "What's wrong?"

   "Turn around now!Turn around."

   "Lee, what's wrong?" Lewis asks.

   "We'll talk later. Just turn around and drive fast!" I nod and do as he says.

   "Zach came to the hotel."

   "Where is Esme?"

   "Abby took her," he simply says.

   "What the-" I'm about to stop the car but he screams, "Don't stop!! Zach might be following us. Just listen to me, idiot."

   Oh I swear if I wasn't driving I would have hit him and buried him alive.

   "I went upstairs to check on Abigail when I saw her running out of the store room. Her dress was ripped this her chest. She was crying. Her lipstick was all smudged. She told me something about Claire abusing her all throughout her life. I don't really understand what she meant. Then she said Claire tried to rape her and lied to you and That she didn't tell her dad anything-"

   "And you believed her!" I scream and slam my fist on the car.

   "How dare you let my daughter-"

   "Harry he's telling the truth," Lewis says from beside me.

   "What?"

   "Claire did lie. I was in the washroom the whole time and Abby did just as you said."

   "Why didn't you tell me this!?"

   "You never gave me a chance. Plus I was so confused why she did that. She's been acting weird lately.  Ever since the fire. I was searching her room few days back and I found this picture in her room." He takes out his wallet and pulls out a picture.  I look at it and gasp. It's a picture of Claire and a girl. Both of them have their arms around eachother .

    "Harry watch out!" I look at the truck that comes in front of me and turn the wheel as fast as I can. Both the boys slam themselves on the door. I manage to regain my balance and not crash the car. I take the photo from Lewis and stare at it. The other girl's face is circled with a red marker and mine is written in bold letters. 

   "That's Abby," Lewis says, "I've been doing a lot of googling and I found some more pictures of Abby and Claire together. They knew eachother. But I don't understand how Abby didn't recognize her. It's so-"

   "Abby hurt her head and forgot her past," I whisper remembering what she said.

   "What?"

   "Abby doesn't remember her school life. She hurt her head and forgot everything.  She stopped going to school after the accident.  I can't believe- Lionel then what happened?"

   I carefully listen as he explains everything.

   "I had a hard time convincing him to leave. I don't think he trusts me though."

   I pull over to a side.

   "Harry what are you doing?"

   "Lewis I want you to go find out how Zach found out and take Claire to your house. Lionel go with him."