Chapter 20

21th March

   I get down from the car and straighten my dress with my hands. Harry , Lewis and I walk on the red carpet towards the guards. Lewis gives him a invitation. I swallow my spit in fear knowing that the invitation is fake. To our luck the guards let us in. I walk in with them and look around. A big costly chandelier hangs in the center of the hall. Under it many rich ass people dance and chat with their husbands or boyfriends. Harry points at a girl with a beautiful black dress who was standing with two men.

   "That's Shania, Nelson and your dad." I nod.

   "You know the plan right?" I nod.

   "Harry why don't you take Abigail for a dance. We need to blend in so it's best if we dance before she goes to her," Lewis says.

   "Good thinking. But who will you dance with?"

   "Oh there are many pretty girls here Harold," he says and walks up towards a woman.

   I watch as he talks to her and takes her to dance. I chuckle and look at Harry. He scratches his neck awkwardly.

   "Wanna dance?"

   "I would love too."

   He takes my hand and leads me to the center. He places his hand on my hips and holds me gently. I feel vulnerable in his hand as I move to his own beat. As much as I feel vulnerable I feel safe. I know it's ironic because he kidnapped me which means he is dangerous but I feel safe with him. My heartbeat picks as I start getting lost in his eyes. Suddenly everything goes silent. One minute I'm in the hall next minute I'm in this forest. Everything is a nice and luscious and green. Then the setting changes. The forest becomes dark and spooky. I blink few times and I'm back in the hall again. I realize that his eyes has turned dark. I feel his grip around me tighten. I look around and realize that Nelson and Shania are dancing beside of us.

   "Come let's go grap something to drink," I say in a weird voice. I mean I try to do a voice modulation but it comes out weird. He nods and we walk away to a corner.

   I wait for awhile till Nelson moves away and make my way to Shania. I wantingly get in her way so that she bumps me and I spill the wine I'm holding all over me. I fake gasp and she looks at me with wide eyes.

   "I am so sorry," she says and I desperately try wiping it with my hand.

   "Let's go to the washroom and get you cleaned up," she says and I nod.

   Great job Abigail

   I follow her into the washroom and she helps me wipe the wine stain off my dress.

  "It's okay, this thing sucks anyways," I comment.

   "Oh you don't like it here? Same here."

   "Why? Aren't you part of the charity?!"

   She looks around and hesitates.

   What is she hiding?

   I hear footsteps and turn around. A girl with a red dress walks in and looks at us. I can't see her face because of her mask but her eyes look very familiar. Instead of washing her hands or using a stall she just mutters something and walks out.