Chapter 26

28th March

Harold's pov:

   I walk into the room to find Abby sitting with her ear plugged by the mp3 player I got her.

   "Natasha, " I call but she doesn't reply.

   I notice that the red beeping light on the mp3 player isn't blinking which means it's not on.

   "Natasha, " I call once again but she doesn't respond. I sigh and walk out outside closing the door behind me.

   She's been acting weird since Lewis came. I know she is confused and to make it worse she saw Lewis on T.V saying that he's wanted and then a few days later he appears here. I know it's very confusing, I feel bad for her. I blame myself for pulling her into this mess. She hasn't really questioned me about Lewis yet nor has she recovered her memory as I expected her to if she saw him. But I guess it's for the best because if she had to question me I don't know what I would have answered her.

   I walk into my room ( we'll technically the guest room) and see lewis doing something on my laptop. Buddy darts into the room behind me and jumps on the bed. I sit beside him and rest my head on his shoulders as I watch as he goes through some news reports.

   "We need to meet Neil. I think it's time we move the final coin, " I tell him.

   "I don't think that's safe. Not right now. We need to know Claire's where about first."

   "I'm sure she's joined, Zack. If not how could they have known that you were the one helping me?"

   "Harry I work for the FBI. There are many ways. We already saw this coming."

   "I blame Claire."

   "Let's not jump to conclusions."

   "C'mon Lou, I know you still love her but you also know she is bad. She called you and cried to you after she escaped, didn't she? Like as if she did no harm and you took Abby's side. She must be furious. This is the most obvious thing that she told Zack. She snitched about Abby in the gala, didn't she?"

   He sighs and rubs his forehead. I see tears forming in his eyes. I quickly wrap my arms around him.

   "It's okay Lou. I'm still here. You have me. I know it hurts but she doesn't deserve you mate. You deserve so much love, not betrayal-" The door opens cutting me mid-sentence and Shania walks in. She looks at us but I don't bother to change my position.

   "Oops I interrupted your bromance, " she teases and chuckles.

   I grab the pillow and fling it at her. She chuckles and walks out.

   "Hey come back!" I yell. She pokes her head inside and smirks at her.

   "Brooooomance, " she cooes and leaves. I hear her running expecting me to chase her. I chuckle but don't move. Buddy on the hand runs after her in full speed.

   Over the past few days, I've gotten on a nice friendly level with Jack and Shania. Shania is like the most humourous dork and Jack is also bonkers. They seem to complete each other perfectly. Honestly being with them makes me feel safe even though I shouldn't feel that way.

   Shania comes back in carrying buddy in her arms.

   "You were supposed to chase me, " she whines and I chuckle.

   "It's time. Let's call Nelson, " Lewis says and shuts the laptop.

   Shania goes out and comes back with Jack and her laptop. She opens it and starts typing in.