Chapter 15

Harold's POV:

   "Lewis I think something is wrong at home. I can't see anything through the cameras," I say while I keep tapping the screen.

   "Call Claire immediately." I nod and call her. The phone rings but the caller tune says her phone is switched out.

   "Ugh! It's switched off. Lou drive fast!! C'mon!!" I yell.

   "I'm going as fast as I can mate," he says.

   I keep trying for Claire but there is no response.  My hands start to sweat and my heart pounds. What if someone kidnapped her?

   "Lou go straight home. We can take your car later."

   "Rodgered that already Stuart."

   I gasp in horror when I see my house burning from a distance. "Oh no," Lewis whispers. I didn't even realize I was crying until now as my tears blur my vision. As soon as Lou stops the car, I open the door and jump out. I start running towards it. I see a small figure running towards me. As it gets closer I see it is my daughter and buddy. I run to her and carry her up.

   "You are okay!!" I cry and kiss her all over the face.

   "Esme where is Claire?" Lewis asks.

   "S-she I-is not there." She shutters as she cries.

   "What do you mean?"

   "Daddy Abby is there!!" She cries.

   "Esme she is gone. Where is Claire??"

   "Claire left. A-abby is inside. Save her daddy. Save abby," she yells as she taps me. I try registering what she said. Abby came back? Abby is in? Abby is here?

   "Lou take them to the car." He takes her from my arms and I run straight to the door. I open the door to be meet with flames of fire. I shut the door and go around the house. I find the window in the hall broken and the place fully on fire. I climb inside and look around.  There is fire everywhere making it hard to move. I notice my room door closed. I'm sure the fire wouldn't have gone in. I climb outside and run around the house. I stop by my room window and look inside.  I see a girl sitting on my bed. It takes me a minute to realize it's her because of how different she looks. I look around for something to break the glass. I find a rock and start breaking the mirror with it. I climb inside once I'm down and rush to her. She wraps her arms around me and for some reason I wrap my arms around her too. Harry what are you doing! I quickly pull away and grab her face (not roughly).

   "Why didn't you get out with Esme?" I ask.

   She points at my suitcase and says, "I came here to rescue that." How does she know that's important to me.

   "Okay let's go." I say and grab the suitcase. I pull her hand and she stands up. She walks few steps and then stumbles forward.  I quickly catch her.

   "A-a wood piece fell on my calves," she says. I frown. How did she get here if she can't walk. I look at her leg and see two big raw burnt marks on her skin behind. I sling the suitcase on my hand and I carry her up. I walk up to the window and help her out.

   "Rest on the wall while I get out."

   I climb outside and carry her in my arms again. Water drops drench my clothes making me realize its raining. I run up to the car and Lewis opens the door. I put her inside after giving Lewis the case and try examining her but she resists.

   "Harry we need to leave now!"

   "Abigail let me see the wound. You can't leave it open," I say and grab her leg.