6 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 ☾

Past

"I'm pregnant mattia".

You nervously spoke. You were sweating, he stayed silent, you looked down and played with your fingers in hopes that he would be happy, but it was the exact opposite.

"Tell me this is a joke".

He said with a blank expression.
You shook your head and looked up at him, what you said, was completely different. Scared.

"I wish I could".

He shook his head and got up from the chair, looking at you before running to your guys shared room. Tears well up in your eyes as you heard stuff being thrown around, a loud zip was heard from downstairs. After a while you heard footsteps coming down the stairs. You looked up to see mattia with his suitcase.

"I can't do this y/n, I'm sorry".

He said, heading for the door and turning the handle. You got up and looked at him, disappointed.

"What about us?! What about this baby?!"

"We're too young y/n!"

"So what, you expect me to look after this baby by myself?!"

"I can't y/n"

He was at the door, on his way out.

"Mattia!"

"I-im not ready, y/n, I'm sorry".

And just like that, he left. Your heart shattered, something told you that this would happen, but never in a million years would you have thought he would just leave you like this, to take care of this baby alone. His baby.

Hot tears streamed down your cheeks as you fell on your knees, loud sobs echoing through the half empty house, the house you guys just moved into a few weeks ago. You felt your world crash, you didn't know what to do. Would he ever come back?

Present

"Mommy!"

You heard your son, run towards you, paper in hand. You smiled each time you saw him, he was your sunshine on a rainy day.

"Look what I drew!"

He yelled, you picked him up and put him on your lap as he showed you the drawing of you and him, and, a man on the other side, holding hands with him. You frowned and pointed at the man.

"Who's that baby?"

He didn't say anything, he looked down and played with the Hem of your shirt.

"Son?"

"Th-thats daddy".

"Daddy?"

He nodded. He asks me everyday where his daddy is, and each time I have to either come up with an excuse, or tell him something that will make him forget he ever asked the question. Even sometimes he will come home from school and and say that kids make fun of him because he didn't have a dad around. I sighed and hugged him.

"Where's daddy, mommy?"

He asked. You closed your eyes. Memories flashing of the happy days you and mattia had when you guys were younger, those memories will never fade, because he was your one and only. You let a tear slip and sighed, looking at your son.