𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒏 ☾

Based on the song by Bruno Mars

Mattias pov

I woke up to no warmth beside me, turning to your side where you used to lay. I sighed as the memories of us come flooding back, the laughs that we shared, the love that we made, all seem to hit me in the face, shouting at me. A few tears escaped as I screamed into my pillow. The image of your smile still visible in my eyes.

"What have I done!".

I yelled, throwing the pillow across the room. I layed back down and decided that today, was a in-my-feels day.

"Alexa! Play, when I was your man, by Bruno Mars!"

"Playing, cake in yo-"

"ALEXA!"

"-ur face, by-"

"ALEXA! PLAY, IF I WAS YOUR MAN, BY. BRUNO. MARS!"

".... playing, if I was man, by Bruno Mars".

I groaned in annoyance. Fuckin bitch. When will she ever learn. As the song played, the piano keys already hitting me. The lyrics could never be more relatable. My friends loved you, and I heard that they warned you about me, but you said that this would never happen, but, you should've taken the warning to heart. They tried helping me to care for you more, but I didn't listen, I didn't make time for you. The boys would always push me back to you when I was hanging out with them.

"Why aren't you with y/n?"

Kairi would ask me. I would flip him off and just focus on my phone. He sighed and sat beside me, not getting the hint that I didn't care.

"Mattia"

I hummed in response, giving him little attention.

"Y/n is special mattia, but your not treating her the way she deserves".

"Uhuh, yeah".

I said while scrolling through this girl's tik tok, smirking and liking one of them. Kairi grabbed my phone and threw it across the room. I jolted up and looked at kairi in shock.

"What the fuck was that for?"

"You have a girlfriend mattia! Stop being stupid and go to y/n! Why are you here? Why aren't you with y/n! She needs you mattia, why can't you see that?!"

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say, my mind couldn't comprehend anything right now. Kairi looked at me with tears welling up, I know how sensitive he is when he comes to people that he cares about, especially y/n. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Someday, y/n will find someone better, someone that would treat her the way she deserves".

Kairi walked to where my phone was thrown and handed it back to me.

"Leave".

I frowned at him.

"But i-".

"Just go mattia, your still too young to understand these things, so just go".

I sighed and walked out his room and out of the house, heading home. His words ringing in my head. I didn't spend time with you, give you gifts, I didn't even hold your hand during our time of dating, I didn't even take you out. Realization hit me. I didn't treat you the way you deserved. What is wrong with me?

I ran the rest of the way home. Knowing that you would be there cause I told you I'll be coming home soon, but...I wasn't planning to. I sprinted home, for the first time, I couldn't wait to see you. I barged in the door and saw my mom cooking dinner.

"Hey mattia".

"Hey ma, is y/n here?"

"No, she just left, and here, she told me to give you this".

She handed me an envelope,"for mattia" was written in front of it, in her hand writing, there was no heart, no x or o. I looked at my mom.

"You might want to go read that in private".

She said with a sad look. I didn't pay too much kind to it, so I just nodded and walked to my room, preparing myself for the worse. I walked in and locked my door, sitting on my bed. I carefully opened the letter and unfolded the paper.

"Dear mattia,

I couldn't do this anymore. I needed you at times but you weren't there for me. You lied to me when you said that were gonna take me out that night. I was waiting for you outside the restaurant, in the cold, for nearly two hours. People were looking at me with sad looks cause they knew that you weren't coming. I decided to give you a second chance cause I thought that it was just an accident and you forgot, but, I called kairi and he said that you were with him. I was devastated. I walked home alone that night. I cried myself to sleep cause I couldn't get over the fact that I fell in love with you. But...I came to my senses that this isn't for me. So I'm breaking up with you. I could've done this face to face, but when you texted me saying that you were coming home, I knew that was a lie, so I wrote a letter and told your mama to give it to you. Mattia, I love you, but I can't go through this snYmoe ksiw ksiw (his tears smudged the fucking paper you dickwads😭)

-y/n

Tears fell on the paper, making it hard to read. I scrunched up the paper and threw it across the room. What have I done? I'm so stupid. I sobbed in my hands, thinking about the times, the rare times of us. I was wrong. My needs and my selfish ways. I need to go and apologize, I need her back.

I ran out of the house and down the street to her house. I need to tell her that I love her more. I need to treat her better. I came closer to her house, to see a different car in her driveway. I frowned. That's kairis car.

I saw them getting out of the car, y/n was laughing along with kairi who had a huge smile. She was holding a giant teddy bear, with red roses and a heart. Kairi quickly jogged to her and made her turn around, he pulled out a small box. He opened it in front of her and she dropped everything and hugged kairi who hugged back. It was a promise ring. What stood out the most was, kairi warned me, and he was right, someone will treat her better, and I was happy that it was him.

I walked back home with my head low. I was happy that she was happy. I walked inside and up to my room, grabbing my phone and went into y/ns contact, messaging her.

Mattia: I was wrong, I know I'm much too late to try and apologize for my mistakes. But I just want you to know. I hope he buys you flowers, I hope he holds your hand, gives you all his hours when he has the chance, take you out every now and then, do all the things I should've done.

When I was your man

Delivered 5:03pm
Seen

Wasssup!

I know this sucked ass, but next chapter will make up for it

I'm sorry for the inactivity my peeps, but I'm busy rn

Don't expect an update anytime soon, cause my holiday just started lmao.

But please tell me how it was

Good? Bad? Meh?

N e ways, vote, comment

I love you guys! Don't treat anyone bad or be treated badly,

It costs $0.00 dollars to be nice