Act 7

Act 7 - A Sleigh Beggy's Curse

Elsa's POV

Me, Anna and venrich went a few yards upstream to refill the water pouches. Once we were out of view by the others, venrich put on something on his neck. From the looks of it, a thin leather collar. He looked at me noticing my curious gaze on the item.

It's for precautionary measures. Even we're out of ear and view shot, (Y/N) can still sense the things around me because of our familiar link and vice versa. This is just a temporary buffer to the link. She gave me this to respect my privacy. Venrich said

So what do you want to talk about venrich? I said

A way for (Y/N) to like Elsa? Anna said with a sly grin and to my embarrassment.

In a way... If your planning to court (Y/N) as her older brotherly figure, I will let you have your plan in getting her affection. But a fair warning, (Y/N) doesn't have a a proper procedure in processing in a emotionally level. She may know a few emotions but most of them are negative. Indifferent, pain, and hatred. The proper lady act is just a front to hide a much voided and violent personality she had. Venrich said

A violent person? (Y/N) can never hurt anyone. I've seen her only do kind acts and gestures. One time in the garden helping out a lost baby ducking find its family. Helping out some of the servants how are in need. And the berries for the pregnant Fae. So tell me how can she be a violent person. Anna said disbelief on what venrich said about (Y/N). That I to also.

But why? Did she experienced something to act that way? I said needing to know the answers.

Sigh... Elsa have you read the index book of magic beings? Venrich said

I've finished that book a month ago. I believe Anna's borrowing it. I said gesturing to my sister.

You mean this book. I'm only just read a quarter pages. Still reading it though. Anna said she brought out the book from her small bag.

Can I borrow it for a sec. Maybe this will make it easier to understand. Venrich said Anna comply to his request. Then he start flipping the pages until he spot what he was looking for and showed it to us. To my astonishment, venrich pointed at the tittle of the page that says: Sleigh Beggy.

(Y/N) is a pure blood sleigh beggy. Known for a reputation of being very powerful but with a frail heart. The reason why (Y/N)'s distrustful disposition is that humans treated her kind like they were as objects, weapons and slaves. While the Fae folk, as a prize to keep or a desirable prey because of their powerful magical abilities. With that she rarely interact with other people unless it's necessary. Before meeting her foster dad, (Y/N) was neglected at a very young age. Her violent nature was caused by not knowing how to handle her powers and fought mostly for survival. Imagine a little girl around the age of seven being chased down by viscous type of faes or isolated/mistreated by people for being born different almost on a daily basis. Anybody who would have gone through that would be either dead or have gone insane. I can't tell you about everything you need to know about (Y/N) since I only based on that she have told me herself and some fragments of her memories of the past via our familiar link. Venrich said solemnly.

Knowing that she had it much worse. Experience growing up like that. I can't imagine (Y/N) of now was once like that. I said

After hearing (Y/N)'s predicament, she could use a hug. Anna said

Venrich if what the book says is correct. Sleigh Beggies have frail health because of their bodies can't keep up to their powerful magic resultsing to there lives to not last long. If (Y/N) uses her magic excessively she'll die. I said the thought of (Y/N) dying made me anxious.