Act 10

Act 10 - Haunted by the past

(Y/N)'s POV

Ever since the trip, Elsa has been rather concern of my well-being and sometimes a bit awkward around me but never the less her sudden change didn't affected her work and studies. Just when we have normal conversations. In our question game, I made a deal with her if I ask a question about emotions she'll get to ask me another. An equal exchange and she agreed. Then on I started to learn bit by bit. She said that emotions are the things I feel. Both physical and psychological. In example of it is when she told me what do I feel when I smile. I told her it makes me feel light in a good way. She quite understanding when I explain to her my insights but in the back of my mind, there is something. Like I've felt this before.

It looks like she isn't the only one digging into for information. Venrich asked me why in the records never mentioned that Sleigh Beggies are extinct. I of course denied his request. The last thing would happen is more people knowing my accursed blessing.

We are back in our daily lives except for the up coming Yuletide season. It's that time of the year again that mostly everyone are in a festive mood. Christmas Decorations can be seen around almost in every corner, Carol's can be heard and merriment in everyone's faces. Her Majesty and the council have agreed that both her royal duties and magic lessons are postponed starting tomorrow until the end of the holidays. So today is our last lesson of the year. As I turn to the clock in her magesty's study, it's all most time to end her written exam.

Alright elsa. Finish or unfinish please give me your examination and I'll be grading it now. I said stopping her from her writing and handed her papers.
She waited for me to grade them and judging on her expression she seems unsure of her work. As I finish rechecking the work and gave a satisfactory nod, I gave it back to her so she can see her score.

92... Keep it up. I said then the clock chimed nothing that's its noon. Which means our game. I ready myself on our question game. Looking at her, She rather in thought on what to ask.

So is something wrong elsa? I said

I-I was wondering what will you be doing for the holidays? Elsa said

Nothing much... besides attend the town festivities if required to and do some paperwork. I said

Oh... how about come to our party tomorrow. After the we ring the yuletide bell, we'll be hosting a surprise party for everyone in the kingdom. Elsa said with enthusiasm.

Of course i'll try to attend but I'm not quite sure about the sudden work pilled up in my room. Rest assured if ever I'm not able to I will sent venrich in my steed. I said then her mood fell. As if my expression felt the same. Why is that...

Why is that? I said

What is what? Elsa said confusedly

Your mood... You feel something about me not attending and it made me feel it as well... I said

It's sadness in some way. It sad if your not able to come to the party and miss out the fun. Elsa said realizing that this feeling is sadness opened something within me. Like a discovering something new yet it's very familiar to me. Feeling it a long ago. Then a suddenly my head throbbed out in pain. Clutching the sides, I can hear elsa calling my name. Worry can be seen in her face before succumbing to darkness.

---------------*---------------

Where am I...

This place...

Looking at my surroundings, thousands of corpse lay around me both of human and magical creatures. Then I heard a sound so familiar. A few feet behind me stands a woman with short (h/c). Clad in armour with blood covering mostly her arms, sides and her weapon. She then plunged her sword to the ground and look up to the sky. Dark thunder clouds brewing in the distant and headed its way here. Upon turning herself towards my direction, shocking me to my very own core. The woman is me... crying and full of emotions like a normal human would have. Then a beastly scream can be heard in the sky. A gigantic corrupted chimera heading in our way. Massive amounts of dark magical power to turn a soul turned into something horrendous. Seeing this I turn back to my other me as she grab the sword bursting with purifying blue flames. She cease her tears and resolve in destruction of the monster.