Chapter 2 : The Cat Is Out Of The Bag

The picture is Furacion.

"If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather. Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

Stephen Fry

Standing in front of my 7 foot furious looking brother, I was scared to death. He didn't say anything for a while probably expecting me to explain my situation.

"Belle, How Can You Do This To Yourself! You look like a skeleton! What the hell happened to you?!" Furacion shouts at me. I didn't say anything knowing I deserved this scolding for doing this to myself.

I broke down in tears like I usually do. My hand covered my face as I sobbed heavily in from of Furacion. He immediately enclosed me in a hug and nestled his head on my shoulders.

I continue crying, damping his shirt. "Shhh...I'm sorry sis. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. You know how angry I can get. Seeing you like this. What happened to my cheerful sister?" Furacion whispers is my ear while brushing my hair with one of his hand.

After a few minutes, I pulled away and he cupped my face. Fury wiped my tears with his thumbs and asks me to sit down to talk. Now I've got tell him everything.

"So Belle, mind explaining to me why you look like you haven't eaten in weeks? Why does your skin look so dead? Why is your eyes so red? And why does the house smell like alcohol?" Fury asks me sternly, he's eyes piercing through mine.

I took a deep breathe and began explaining vaguely to him. "I have no appetite to eat but I have eaten. I hadn't got out of the house at all. I don't have the energy to face the world outside. I've been crying thinking about the past few months. Lastly, dad's been drinking everyday and night. He doesn't care about us anymore nor his own self. Bro I feel like I have lost the will to live, "I say honestly. I can't lie to my brothers. They will know and will get angry.

Fury sighs and gets up the couch and walk to the kitchen. He didn't say a word. I'm scared of what they would do. Is he going to tell Hugo?? I'm so dead.

After a few minutes, Fury comes back and crosses his arms in his chest still staring at me. He looked disappointed. I couldn't look into his eyes. Then I notice his eyes trail down my arm and stops at my wrist. Shit!

He noticed something I have hid from everyone and myself. I immediately pulled my sleeve which was folded. I closed my eyes not wanting to look at him. Fury walked towards me in a blink of an eye and kneels to face me. He grabbed my arm and pulled the sleeve up.

He saw it. My deepest darkest secret. Wounds, knives wounds, running down my arm. Heeled but scarred. He got up and started yelling at me all sorts of words in Italian. I didn't have the strength to process them. I felt enclosed. My heart began to race and my breath became ragged. I clutched my chest and began wheezing. Fury's expression changed and he immediately kneeled again and kept saying something to me but I couldn't process it. I felt dizzy.

"Belle! BELLE! Breathe! SHIT!" He cursed. I then remembered I'm suppose to use my inhaler. I recently got asthma and had to buy an inhaler. "Fury, mmm....mmyy inn...haallerrr. In myyy rooommmm," I forced out still clutching my chest. Tears streaming down my face. It was painful to have a panic attack. Fury ran up and brought it to me in a blink of an eye.

I opened it and inhaled it. I slowly regained my vision and stopped sweating. My vision got back to normal and I gripped Fury's shirt so tight till my knuckles were white. "You're okay?" He asks still worriedly looking at me. I nod and lean back on the couch.

"Fury, I need my special medication please," I ask him still breathless. "Where is it?" He asks while one of his hand rub circles on my back to calm me down. "It's... In the kitchen but there are many medications there. I'll go get it," I say as I take a breath at each word.

"You're not going anywhere on your own! Look at you!" He says to me sternly but not yelling. Before I could reply, he slips his right hand under my shoulders and his left under my knees. In one go, he lifted me up and brought me up to his chest. He held me tightly but gently. I wrap my arms around his neck scared to fall. I bury my head on his chest and allow myself to relax.

Fury brings me to the kitchen, taking steady steps to ensure my comfort. When he reaches the kitchen, I point to where the cupboard is and he walks there. He sets me down on the counter and opens the cupboard. He brings out all the medicines and shows them to me. I take what I need and take the water he pours for me. In one gulp, I swallow 2 tablets with a cup of water, feeling so relieved after that. My breathing slowly becoming normal.

While still calming down, Fury never leaves my side. He continued brushing my hair and the other hand tubing circles on my thigh. The next thing he says sends me to total shock... "Hugo demands you move in with us," He says and I sit there with my mouth wide open, staring into his eyes not knowing what to say. Mixed feelings consumed me.

Last updated 20th December 2019