Chapter 5 : Pissed Of Brother

The picture is Antonio.

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Laurell K. Hamilton

"Antonio you're finally here," Hugo says as he gets up from his seat.

Wait, I know him. Where do I know him from? He looks familiar. Hmm...

Antonio slips pass me and walks to Hugo. They both shake hands and hug each other while patting each other's back. Guys...

Hugo pulls away and turns to me while I'm standing akwardly near the door. "Antonio, you remember my little sis, Bellezza. She moving in with us, " He says gesturing for me to come forward and I comply taking small steps towards Antonio. Wait! Moving in with us?

"Oh my god. You're Belle. Damn girl the last time I saw you, you were so little," Antonio says as he suddenly pulls me into a big hug. My hands unable to break from his tight embrace. "I'm not little!" I try to squeeze out from my throat. He quickly pulls away realising he was squashing me. "Sorry, my bad," He says.

Before I could say anything, my brother cut me off. "Belle, I'm sorry but we gotta postpone our little talk. I'll take you out for dinner later, k?" He says to me giving me a soft smile. I nod and return the smile. "See ya later, shortcake," Antonio says before turning away. "Hey! I'm not short!" I shout back before tuning away and slamming the door behind me.

Last time I say Antonio was 5 years ago when I was 14. He's changed a lot. He's grown a stubble and he looks well built. Damn his hot body man. His perfect chiselled chin and those gorgeous eyes. His slicked hair and those cute dimples that appear when he smiles. Too bad my heart is not willing to love again. My brain is telling me to take a chance but my heart is telling me it's lust and all guys are the same. I felt torn.

I shut my thoughts and just went to my room. I went to the side of the bed and just allowed myself to fall on my back. "Well, what do I do know? Should I go back to my habit of binge watching depressing movies and cry along with the actors? Should I take a long bath? Should I just sleep? Am I allowed out of the penthouse?" I kept saying as I thought of these questions in my head.

Maybe I should go out and explore. It's been a while. Maybe this place is different. I have to move on. So thats what I did. I changed into a knee-length yellow sundress, a pair of gold heels and tied my hairs into a half bun. I did my make up and headed out of the penthouse. I didn't see Rainer nor Fury. Maybe their at the meeting or whatever it is their having.

I quietly stepped out and went to the lift. When I reached the bottom floor. I got lots of looks from the the staff. It was so weird but I guese its because my brother carried me in that day.

I stepped outside the hotel and breathe in the fresh air. I felt the wind blowing on my skin. The rays of the sun making my body feel tingly. The smell of fresh air is breathtaking after months of spending time in confinement in my house.

I decided to walk around and get to know the place since I'm gonna be living here. I saw so many places such as bakeries, restaurants, malls, and many others. I saw the time was 5 on my watch. Shit its late! I got to go back and get ready for dinner. I ran back to the hotel and rushed up to the penthouse.

When I opened the door, I was greeted by a very angry Hugo standing in front of the door with hid phone in his hand and him telling in Italian.

He freezes when he notices me entering the door. He dropped his phone on the couch and walked in a fast pace with big steps to me and embraced me in a hug. I could feel how sweaty he was. He looked like he had just had a panic attack or something.

After a few seconds, he pulls away and places his hands on my shoulders. I gaze into his eyes and see a war waging in him. "Where. Have. You. Been?" He says as his voice gets louder at each word. "I...iii..,"I stutter feeling so afraid of him.

"Flashback"

"Where have you been, Belle?!!" My dad shouts as I enter the house. "I went to mom's grave, dad!" I shout back. "Don't you raise you voice at me young woman!" He says as he smashes his emptied bottle of beer on the floor next to the pile of the others. I shake in fear. I know he'd never hurt me but I wasn't sure at that time.

He grab me by the collar and yanked me near him. His breath sticking of alcohol. "Dont talk back to me. You understand?!"He yells at me. I nod and he drops me. I ran to my room not looking behind and locked my door. Since that day I've never left the house.

"End of Flashback"

"Belle? BELLE? Are you okay?!" I hear Hugo yell at me as I got lost in my thoughts. I felt my cheek being wiped of the his thumbs. I didn't realise I was crying. "Sis, what happen? What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?!" He shouts out but I just stood there. My eyes looking lost into his. "Please answer me! I hate seeing you cry," He says as he brushes my hair and pout his lips.

"I'm okay, brother. I am sorry I didn't tell you before leaving. I went for a walk to get to know the area," I reply feeling guilty with a low voice. Hugo simply sighs and lets me go. I though he might push me further for the truth of my behaviour earlier. I guese he doesn't care enough.

"Sis, get ready and I'll take you out for dinner. We'll talk then, okay?" He told me very calmly. I nodded and walked to my room not knowing what to think at all. I took a a short bath and dressed myself in a beautiful knee-length, burgundy, satin, single-strap dress and a pair of red platform heels. I put light make up on my face and a red lipstick to match. I allowed my hair to flow loosely on my shoulders.

Just as I walked out of my room, I sat Rainer standing in front of me with his hands in his pocket. "Where have you been? We were suppose to hang out remember? You left me," He says with a fake sad face. I laughed. "Oh you poor brother. I forgot sorry. I had a lot on my mind. Forgive me?" I say to him grabbing his hands in mine while doing my puppy eyes at him. "Ughh.. Fine! But only if you make it up to me somehow," He says to me and kisses my hand. My brother are such charmers. I nod and kiss his cheek before walking past him. "You look beautiful," I hear him yell from behind. I simply look back and smile at him before walking away to the stairs.

As I walked down the stairs and saw Hugo standing there in a pair of black slacks and a red half tucked shirt. He looked so effortless beautiful. His hair slicked back, his sleeve half folded to his elbow. I could see his tattoos peeking out from the shirt. Damn he was hot. Too bad he is my brother. I walked towards him and I noticed him gawking at me with his eyes roaming around my body head to toe.

Hugo's POV

When I saw Belle walking down the stairs I was in awe. She looked so amazing. The dress fitted her curves perfectly. Her eyes as beautiful as ever. Her hair bouncing loosely on her shoulders. Her make up just right which complimented her already beautiful complexion.

"You're absolutely beautiful, my dear Belle,"I say noticing her blushing as those words came out of my mouth.
"You look handsome, Ricky," She replied mentioning her nickname she made up for me with my middle name, Ricardo.

"Don't call me that outside sister," I say to her not wanting her to ruin my reputation. She giggles so adorably. I then opened the door and gesture for her to walk out first. She walks out but stops in front of me and messes my hair up with her hand. "Belle!! This took an hour to get styled," I say to fake crying. She stuck her tongue out like a little kid and walked out as I roll my eyes at her childish behaviour. She's gonna be the death of me.

Last updated 20th December 2019