Chapter 7 : Unwanted Discovery

The picture is Furacion.

When you're lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you've just wandered off the path, that you'll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and it's time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don't even know from which direction the sun rises anymore.

Elizabeth Gilbert

The first thing I did when I entered the penthouse was to take a shower. I ran past Antonio to my room and undressed. I tossed my clothes into the basket to be washed later and ran the faucet in the tub. I wanted to get the man's dirty touch of me. It made me feel so disgusted.

Thinking what could have happened a few minutes ago scared the hell out of me. Even though I had a boyfriend, I hadn't done anything with him further than a kiss. That's probably why he cheated on me. I wasn't good enough to be waited for. I made him wait too long. I knew I'd never really be ready. I'm a coward.

After a long soak, I went to bed and dozed off. I was exhausted. The incident had drained me. I noticed my skin was red. I had scrubbed it to vigorously thinking about the man's touch on my skin. I nearly broke skin but luckily I hadn't. Hugo made it clear that I would be in house arrest if I had any new scars not like he's seen all of my old ones.

Antonio's POV

"Ahhh..." I heard someone scream while I was in bed. I literally feel off my bed. I checked my phone to see the time. It was 2am! Who is screaming in the middle of the night? Is there an intruder? Shit! Only Bella and I are in the house right now. I ran out my room and tucked my gun in my waistband.

As I walked out I heard crying sounds from Belle's room. I immediately stormed it and saw Belle curled up on her bed, tears streaming down her face, her breathing ragged, her eyes bloodshot red. I ran up to her and embraced her.

"Nooo! Let me go! Please! Don't touch me! Hugo!! Why did you leave me?!" she started shouting and kicking. Her brothers were not home right now and so were the other guys. "Shhh...its alright Belle. Its me Tony not the man earlier. Open your eyes Belle," I whispered to her softly. She listened and slowly opened her eyes.

"Tony! He keeps haunting my dreams. I close my eyes and see him. He's touching me! I can't!" She cries out. She seemed so broken and traumatised. Shit! "Belle lay down. I'll be right here. I'm stay with you tonight, okay?" I say to her. Hugo will probably have my head for this but it's his fault.

She nods and leans back on the bed. I sit beside her and bring her head to my lap. I gently stroke her hair while she holds my other hand. I wipe of her tears and soon fall asleep after she had stopped sobbing. What a day!

"What is going on in here?!" I hear a voice shout waking me up from my slumber. I open my eyes, still feeling a little groggy as I had just woke up. I remembered I was in Belle's room, her head still on my lap.

"Antonio, what are you doing in my sister's room? On her bed?" Hugo asks me looking furious. I gently lift Belle's head of my lap and place it on her pillow. I then proceed to get up without shaking the bed too much. I walked to Hugo and pull him out by the placing my arm on his shoulder. He doesn't say anything instead he shuts Belle's room door.

We walked to the living room and he then stops. "Explain!" He says with a serious tone. "Well you left that poor little girl alone in the night. What did you think happen, you idiot?" I ask him sarcasticly knowing I will anger him more. I wanted him to feel guilty after what he did.