Chapter 15 : Unmasked

The picture is Belle.

Love, they tell me. But love doesn't bring and never has brought happiness. On the contrary, it's a constant state of anxiety, a battlefield; it's sleepless nights, asking ourselves all the time if we're doing the right thing. Real love is composed of ecstasy and agony.

-Paulo Coelho

Bellezza's POV

I woke up to a shinning bright light in my eye. I slowly opened to tak ein my surroundings. Still in the same room, on the same bed, in the same situation. Wait a minute. Was what I saw a dream? It had to be. It couldn't be him. I had to have dreamt it desperately. Suddenly there was knock on the door. Zephyr came in and sat beside me. I simply looked at him still prossesing what had happened, what I saw...

"Hey, you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," He says as he caresses my face. I flinch at his cold touch and he's flashed with confusion but I hurriedly pushed myself to sit on the the bed so I could look at his face. "Sorry, had a nightmare," I say trying to steer him away from pressing any further of my reaction. He nods and brings a bowl to me. "Here's some food my brother asked to give you. Eat slowly," He says and hands the bowl to me. I slowly take the soup and began drink it not before blowing as it was hot. Zephyr took out his phone and was using it while I ate.

Some time later in the Unknows's office

Unknows's POV

She saw my face and she fainted. She dropped cold. I realized I better leave cause its better if she doesn't know who I am. She'd probably think it's some dream or something, hopefully. "Brother? I need to speak to you now," Zephyr came in without knocking. I had no mood to deal with his nonsense now. "What!" I shouted back frustrated. "I think you should stop wearing your mask around her. Let her know who you are," Zephry said with his arms crossed on his chest. "That's not a good idea," I say thinking how she freaked out just now. "You will not wear that mask anymore or I'll just burn it, brother! She deserves at least that, don't you think?" Zephry says angrily. I simply huff and pull of my mask from my face. "That's better. Keep it that way," Zephry says walks out.

...

It's time to bring her back to the punishing room. She's been living luxuriously for far too long. She's needs to feel the pain that I felt, that we felt. I decided to keep the mask on until I have her cuffed. I went to the room the next day and dragged her by her hand to the torture room. She screamed and pleaded me to let her to but I couldn't do that. I lifted her and hung her once again by the cuffs on the ceiling. She kept kicking and screaming until I let her go and gravity pulled down on her wrist, making it bleed. She winced but she became mute. She was used to the pain. The scars I gave her on her back proves it.

"What do we do today, Belle? More whipping? Chains? Or anything else?" I said with a smirk. I dragged my hands over her face down to her tummy. I felt her stitches through her shirt from where she pierced the glass. I almost felt bad for her. Then I heard footsteps behind me walking to my direction before coming to a halt. Not bothering to turn around, I already knew who it was. "Zephyr, what are you doing here?" I asked annoyed. "Well I've come to make sure you follow up on your words yesterday," He says. I sigh and start to remove my mask slowly from my face. Belle looks up to me and her eyes widen in shock and in disbelief. Her jaw wide open and her nose flared with anger. Soon her eyes start to cloud with tears and her jaw trembling. I expected to faint again but she went mute and I continued looking at her, looking for a response. Have I broken her?

Belle's POV

When he took of his mask. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I blinked many times hoping my eyes were lying to me. What I saw was true. It was him. Tears pooled in my eyes in anger and I felt so betrayed, broken. I trusted this person. I couldn't form any words in my mouth. I just had one question that constantly rang in my head and the word just spilled out. "Why?" I asked, my eyes pleading. My voice breaking. He sighed and I saw Zephyr smirking at the back. He knew. Everything was a lie.