Closer to the truth

Jughead POV:
"What Happened!?" Me and Betty said in unison and we barged into the twins bedroom. They both looked up at us and pointed towards the window making us look over but we don't see anything.

"Mommy, there was a man standing there" Juliet then said as she hugs Betty by the waist while Sythe runs over to me. Betty looks over to me clearly scared for our kids but I'm more afraid for her. Some psycho is after her and I have no fucking clue who it is. 

Before me and Betty could say anything else we hear a bang on the door. 

"Stay here Betty' I say to her 

"Psh yeah right, I'm going with you" She says as she stands up from Juliets bed. 

"Betty I really don't want to argue right now so stay right here !" I shout to her making her flinch "Sorry baby but please let me protect you" I say to her and she just gives me a tight smile along with a nod.  

I walk out of the bedroom and go open the front door to reveal someone unusual.

"Dad?" I ask 

"Jughead is everything alright? it's like you've seen a ghost" He says with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh uh sorry it's been a weird night, come in" I say to him and let him inside "BETTY!" I shout out making Betty and the twins run out of the room with scared faces making me chuckle. 

"That wasn't funny Jug" Betty then says and looks over to my dad " Uh hey, Mr. Jones what are you doing here?" Betty then asks 

"Oh I'm sorry for just coming over here without any notice but I wanted to see if everything was alright considering what happened earlier I just wanted to check if you were alright" My dad then says with concern. 

"How did you even know where Betty lives?" I ask for some reason 

"I asked Archie" My dad replies almost instant "Is everything alright?" He then asks 

"Oh yeah everything is just peachy" I reply sarcastically but I didn't want to tell my dad just yet about what just happened and I don't know why since he could help us.

"Well I just wanted to see if Betty was alright but considering that you're here I'm assuming you guys made up?" My dad says with what it seemed like attitude.

"Yeah Mr.Jones, me and Jughead decided to give it another shot" Betty replies as the twins cling onto her, shaking in fear for some odd reason. I look over to my dad who has an expressionless face. 

"Betts do you mind leaving me and my dad to talk?" I ask her. Betty just looks at me and nods then walks off with the twins. 

"Dad is everything alright with you? you seem off?" I ask him 

"Why would I be? I mean my son got back with his one true love" He says but clearly not happy

"You don't seem to keen on the idea of me and Betty being back together" I then tell him clearly since you can straight out tell that he wasn't happy. I mean when we told Kevin he was a bit hesitant but he was happy whereas my dad looks plainly disappointed.

"Well son to be quite honest with you, you don't deserve Betty" He says bluntly

"Ok and I know that dad but I'm going to do the best I can to prove to her that I'm worthy of her love and well I guess to the whole world because I truly do love her dad" I admit to him. He just raises his eyebrows and sighs " We'll see about that" My dad says and leaves. 

"Well that was odd" I say to myself and walk off to the room where I seen Betty cuddling next to Juliet. "Where's Sythe?" I asked Betty

"Oh he's in the bathroom. Everything ok with your dad? Betty then asks 

"Uhh yeah but you know what's odd is that the twins didn't even say hi to my dad" I then ask

Betty then looks down at Juliet who is now asleep but get startled when we hear Sythe from behind us

"That's because he was the man who was standing outside the window" Sythe then says