Ch. 18

Toby pov

Yn woke up and i heard her voice talk to Ej. She sounded so cold and distant.

I walk to my door and stand in the hall waiting for Ej to enter the hallway. But he doesnt. He stays and doesnt shout that she is awake.

Maybe because she just wakes up for 5 minutes and falls a sleep again. Well then she is out of the trance!

She is out of the trance. Hell yes. I didnt even want to eat my waffles. Jeff didnt even want to hunt and Ben didnt play video games.

Slender couldnt help her so she had to do everything herself. Well i knew she could do it i was still scared, what if something went wrong and she couldnt. What if she is trapped in the trance and doesnt even want to exit.

I walk towards Ben and sit down next to him. "She w-woke up." Bens head shuts up and looks at me. "You arent fucking with me right ?" I shake my head and he smiles.

"Well how is she ? Is she okay or is she hurt? What did she see?" Ben keeps asking.

"I didnt t-talk to her yet.. i havent e-even seen her yet. I only heard her talk with Ej and as Slender suspected she was cold to-towards him."

He stares at me as we hear a door close and footsteps coming.

"Maybe he has news for us!" Ben smiles and I smile too. "Yeah maybe s-she is asleep again and-d feeling okay." I sigh of relief and smile as i close my eyes.

I hear the back door close and Ej giving someone directions to the normal world outside the forest.

Then the door opens and closes again. I look at the door and see Ej. I shoot up from my seat on the couch and run towards him. "Did you just let her go?" My voice is cracking and im full of adreneline.

"She was cold and distant, she wanted to see her dad so.. i let her out." Ej tells me and i let him go stunned for a second.

"Ben get Jeff we are searching for Yn!" I run outside and slam the door shut screaming her name.

After about 2 minutes i hear the door slam shut once again, Jeff and Ben are now helping me.

As we all shout her name in a desperate attempt to get to her.

"Yn Please answer me !" My voice cracks and i get teary eyes.

I see a black fire beam shooting in the air.

"JEFF BEN FOLLOW THE BEAM!" I shout through the forest and run as fast as i can toward it. Only now realizing im not wearing my mouthguard and not even my weapons.

I see Zalgo and Yn hug as they walk hand in hand towards the black beam.

"Yn! Please stay with me!" I almost fall over my own feet and try to run faster.

Yn only smiles at me as if she remembered a memory. My eyes tear up and i feel them roll but getting stuck in the goggles.

"Yn!" I cry out and fall on the ground scraping my arms as she dissapears.

I look at the dark circle as only mark she has ever been there.

"Y-yn.." My eyes fill with tears and i pull off the goggles and cry.

Ben runs towards me and looks helpless at me.

Jeff follows soon after. "Hey crybaby we dont have much use for you right now." Ben looks angry at Jeff.

"If you for once showed you feelings maybe we would give a shit about how you think you can handle this. But since you never shown us stop being so mean." Ben shouts for the first time at Jeff as i just keep crying.

My whole body is trembling and Ben sits down next to me hugging me.

Atleast he's trying. I sob into his arm and close my eyes. I hear Jeff walk away and not looking back at us. To be honest i dont care at the moment i would care for a lot less.

"Come on Toby we got to go to Slender maybe he knows a way to get her down there." He smiles at me and i nod trying to stand up but my legs failing me.

I ran too hard, for nothing. Only to see her faint smile. And that was all i was going to get from her for now because she is with her dad in a whole different dimension.

And worst of all, she doesnt even remember me. She only smiled because i looked pathethic. I looked like a crybaby.

And she just smiled.

Ben helps me up and i feel my legs barely holding up my weight. "Can you walk?" He helps me and i tey to step as i feel miserable.

I fall down on my knees and my eyes fill with tears once more. "Cut my throath open ill see her then and there." My voice is low and without emotion.

"I wont because Yn would not give up on getting a way to you if it were you instead of her." He looks at me and smiles.

"She talked so much about you in the boathouse. Was like she really loved you. So you cant just commit suicide to see her. Because if you do Sally will be sad and Yn will probably help you go on into your new life." He looks at me and his eyes darken. "Without her." He pulls me up.

"You are lucky i brought my phone." Ben smiles but it isnt coming  to his eyes as he normally smiles. I grab my goggles from the ground and look at him.

He holds me closer. "Ready Toby ?" I only nod. We go through the phone and stand in my own room at the mansion.

"Or do you wanna go to the boat house?" He asked.

"N-no fisrt talk to s-slender.." I sound so weak.

And i hate myself for it. I hate myself for failing her. The only thing i had to do was stay with her and comfort her. The only thing i had to do was keeping her safe.

And i couldnt even do that.

I really do deserve to die.