Let the Fire Roar

You lifted yourself from the warm bath, wrapping a pure white towel around yourself while standing over the soft and plush bathroom rug. You opened the door and stepped out and began to get dressed for school that just started back up. You looked down at your uniform and slipped on the white blouse silently in thought. You had woken up very early and found that over the last two days, even with Angel here now, it was getting harder to stay asleep.
Most nights you would be wide awake in bed trying to sleep, awoke by any little noise, and then waking up way before your alarm and much less the sun. You guessed that letter was really getting to you. You slipped on your black skirt with red lining subconsciously. The silence was loud as you slipped on your heels and then your jacket and silently opened to door, carefully walking into the kition to make some food. You heard air russleing behind you only to turn around to find one of Alastor's shadow demon things sliding silently across the wall beside you to look at the food.
You smiled a little, he never left you fully unattended. Putting the food on the table you ate quietly and put the plate in the sink to wash later. You put on a hat and 'borrowed' a pair of Alastor's simple black gloves that somehow fit you perfectly and sat down on the stairs to wait for someone else to get up.
Before long, both Alastor and Angel came down the stairs behind you. You stood up and let them threw, smiling and greeting the two. Angel winked in response as Alastor bowed his head politely. You put your backpack on and watched as Angel went to the game room with a deck of cards to do who knows what.
"I'll be on my way then, bye guys!" You said happily, just letting them know, but before you could open the door, a hand grabbed it for her.
"Now now, hold on one second, dear." Alastor said, beside you as you turned to look at him.
"Okay? What is it?"
"Well dear, as you know about this recent threat, I shall be accompanying you to school from now on while Angel watches the house!" He said happily. You arched a brow.
"How? Won't others get scared of seeing you following me around? Won't it attract unwanted attention?"
"Indeed it would, that's why I will be following threw your shadow!" He said happily, "no one will notice." He added, noting your worry-filled eyes.
"Okay?" You said, walking threw the door Alastor had opened for you and into the colder air. You walked with Alastor in deer form beside you. His massive horns held your backpack and you two talked as you went. Before you went off to school. Alastor was no where in sight, though you knew he was there in your shadow somewhere. Placing one foot in front of the other, you walked into homeroom to socialise with the odd-balls you call your friends.
"(Y/n)! How have you been?" Shannon asked, putting an arm over your shoulders, everyone smiled happily your way.
"I've been good! You?"
"Fine, fine! That disappearance was strange though! Do you think the school is h-h-haunted!?" Olivia joked, fake stuttering. You snickered, oh, far from it! You thought.
After a full day of nothingness, your teacher warned you all about a test in math tomorrow. The whole class groaned; not that you could blame them. Your grade in math was honestly your worse, a B- (aka a 83/100). And though you try to keep it high, you can't seem to get it any higher, even with extra credit.
The classes were smooth bur everyone had to eat in there classrooms because the cafeteria was still closed for athorities. Though you knew they would likely not find anything.
On the way back, your nose buried in a math textbook you borrowed, Alastor had still not made an appearence and you were starting to wonder if her was really even there.
Walking in, you found Angel asleep on the couch and a hand on your shoulder.
"Mighty eventful day at school, my dear!" Alastor chirped, snapping as a fire lit in the fireplace, "why don't you go sit and study for that test and I make some tea!"
You smiled sweetly, taking off your bag by the sofa, "thank you Al, I'd like that."

Cover picture of this chapter was made from a reader and I would like to thank her for it! I love it so much and I printed it and into on my wall now!
-Pheonix