Dreams that Shroud the Truth

Alastor threw on his tail coat that had once hung happily on the coat rack by the door, slipping his slender arms into the sleeves. He rushed to open the large, dark wooden door and slam it behind him- the door locking on its own. His shoes hitting the pavement harshly as rushed down the stairs and stood out, a little away from his home before snapping his fingers and suddenly, he was gone.

~ ~ ~

Your eyes followed dust particles in then air as they floated down to the ground in rays of light from the window. Lupus was eating dinner but as soon as he was done he promised to take you outside, hopefully that meant outside into town. Not outside and into the smallest of yards ever. It was starting to get the feeling of being cramps in here, after a week or so.
You got up from your bed and looked at the staff at your bedside, you felt like it was calling to you but you could hear nothing. You could do nothing. It was there for a reason but what that reason was you did not know- Lupus would not tell you and only said that it was 'to dangerous' for you to handle. But if that was the case why did you still did you have it and why was it still here?
You mentally sighed, picking up the staff and flipping it around in your hands. It's cold surface felt natural to you, like it was made for you and you alone. The iron (at least you thought it was) seemed to vibrate with power and happiness- but also like it was trying to whisper a unknown secret you could not hear yet.
Suddenly, a hug crash rung out through the home from one of the lower levels of the four story mansion. Being on the third floor, you jumped up and slung the doors open, bringing the staff with you thoughtlessly. You dashed down the 3 flights of stairs, the stairway echoing from more crashes and your steps and heavy breaths. In the living room, or rather what used to be the living room was now a gaping hole with Lupus and Alastor glaring at each other from the debris-covered floor tiles. The deer demon looked your way, lifting a hand in your direction but Lupus was faster. He shot a ball of ice Alastor's way, and the red demon used doth hands to split the ball and defuse it in a small display of smoke. Lupus lunged at him, sending a kick to the ribs but Alastor grabbed his ankle and slung him forward and into the stone and wood dust on the once shined floors. Lupus growled fiercely, Alastor snapped and weird-looking, black whisp came up from the ground and slung him around before letting to work stop and crash into the wall.
Alastor walked towards you, a hand out and a grin on his face, and was ready to speak when Lupus had recovered and shot another blast of ice his way. Alastor turned its way and put his arms in an 'x' shape and discharged the blast with a swipe of his arms but when he turned to find you, you where gone.
You ran down the halls, weird black shadows seemed to seethe from the walls as you ran. You could still hear Lupus and Alastor fighting as you raced into the basement, through thing the door open and closed. Your staff illuminated the area just enough for you to find a hiding place under a piano and hide under it.
The cold, damp air of the pitch black room was over bearing and at times, it felt like the shadow around you was tickling at your skin, keeping you from moving. Your staff's light got brighter to chase the shadows away and you hugged it for dear life, feeling it would protect you.
Crashes, bangs, booms, the occasional scream of Lupus rung through the building until it was no more. All was silent.

           Too silent.

You squirmed in you hiding place and just as you heard a pair of footsteps in the hall passing by, your staff dimmed but the staff still put out a warmth that flowed through your body. Like a warm, caring hug from a friend. You trembled and once more you felt the shadows crawl up your legs, causing you to squirm to get free.
Phantom claws grabbed your ankles to keep you still but you pushed them off, clutching your staff in the crook of your elbow. You began to cry, you where helpless. Every time you tried to push the hands off of you- your hands went right through it. They where shadows after all.
In a desperate, silent fight you where loosing, you clutched your staff for safety as the feeling of the hands pushed you into the floor, keeping you from leaving.
Your silently sobbed and the hands where now up to your hips. You could not move your legs or hips. Your staff seemed torn as to give away your hiding spot and save you or not so it did nothing.
You let out a silent, chocked sob as memories came flooding back to you. The house, your mom, your dad, Angel, Charlie, Alastor. Now up to your chest, the hands held your arms down. Was this the true power of  such a powerful demon?
The door opened and closed and from the dark you saw two, red glowing eyes and you suppressed the urge to cry out his name.
Alastor! You wanted to call out- but he was why you where in this mess.
Alastor! Why did he leave you for so long?
Alastor! Why did you reject me?
Alastor! Help me, please! Alastor crouched down, his glowing eyes where all you could see.
"(Y/n)? Are you alright, darling!? What did that dirty wolf do to you!?" He hissed, sliding you out. Feeling your trembling form as the hands let you go you pressed your back against the wall as far from him as you could. He seemed shocked and saddened by this, muttering out. The prideful demon stuttered, for once in this whole life. While seeing your fearful form huddled in a corner by a piano, clutching your staff like it was your last life-line.
"....D-darling...?"

Chapters till the end; 3