Fumbleing in the Dark

Hello guys! Pheonix here! I was writing this and realized two things lmao, one was I have not done enough with Angel and two I could (really easy due to future events) make it a Alastor x reader x Angel at least here in the ending chapters. What would you guys think if I went threw and added a little more stuff with Angel and you? Also, I may just start trying to update when ever I can again, I don't think I can get into the one week update swing since I have the chapters planned now. I'll just make them 1000-1500 words now instead Of 700-1000... also, I got the stuff between my dad and I under control now and thank you all so much for all the kind words, they really helped my threw the week... anyways, please enjoy! Also, still have the questions and such going on, fill free to ask me or anyone in the story!

It has been about a week since Shannon's disappearance. Her parents filed a missing persons report 72 hours after she was last seen and you were starting to get antsy.
The police serched the whole woods, finding a lead then another that made the last leads seem impossible. They were going in circles and Shannon's parents put up prizes for their daughters safe return and even started to look themselves.
Nothing.
Locals have said that they never saw her leave the woods, and the case was at a standstill. You began to stay awake at night and think about where she could be, even look for her yourself with your spear. Still no other clues were found in your end either.
"Hey Alastor?" You asked softly one Saturday morning as you came down the stairs. The air seemed to shift towards you, not in a threatening way, but more like a comforting one. Alastor wasn't in the room, but you still had a feeling he was listening from somewhere. You rubbled your arms with your palms, generating  a small amount of comforting heat.
"U-um, can you help me go look for Shannon again today? I-It's fine if you can't..." You said slowly, feeling a little crazy for talking to no one.
"Of course, darling!" Alastor said happily, putting a hand on your shoulder from behind, "I was wondering when you'd ask!" You jumped, almost falling down the stairs but was caught by his clawed hands from below. Blood rushed to your cheeks involuntarily as he set you down on the hard-wood flooring. You stumbled a little anyways, trying not to look up at his grinning face.
"You okay there, doll? You look a little red." Alastor joked, bending over you a little, his ears perking forwards.
"S-s-shut u-p...!" You squeaked, opening you hand. Your spear shoot forwards for the steps where you fell and you hit Alastor playfully in the gut and scurried away with your cheeks in your hands.
The demon chuckled from behind you, going back to doing whatever he was before he appeared. Flushed, you slinked into the kitchen make yourself quick breakfast of pancakes and bacon (or something else, it's fine).
Gummbling half-heartedly thew a full mouth as you (partly stressfully) shocked food into your mouth and washed the dishes. The warm water heated your cold fingertips and your eyes flicked to your spear. It had been a while since you talked to Charlie or Vaggie and you were starting to worry about them. Angel said that they were really busy right now with the hotel, something about paperwork and riots.
Angel walking by the doorway behind you, closing the front door behind him, and settling on the sofa. He let out a sigh.
"So, is ya' friend still missin'?" He asked, opening a box of cigarettes and dropping two arms over the back of the sofa and the other two held and lit the cigarette.
"Her name is Shannon, Angel, and yah..." you said slowly, shutting of the sink and picking up a dry towel and drying you hands. A moment of silence passed as you dried your hands and put it away, you let out a shaky breath. Truth be told, you blamed yourself for her disappearance. If you walked her home, not invited her over, sent Alastor with her, anything! You hugged your arms and you heard Angel shift of the sofa.
He loudly patted the sofa next to him, making your head turn towards him, "come sit down, sweet cheeks." He said, putting out the already half finished cigarette. You shuffled over quietly and sat down aquwardly (sorry for selling error) and he patted your head.
"We'l find her, doll..."

~ ~ ~

It was quite in the woods. Alastor walking ahead of you around the outskirts of the woods in deer form and sniffed everything he passed before placing to the next thing of interest.  By the look in his eyes, he hand clearly found something he had not yet said but pranced on.
"Alastor?" You asked, making him look up at you from the log he was sniffing. Did deer even have that good of a nose to track something? You coughed to hide the thought before continuing, "have you found anything?"
Alastor made a nod and pawed at the dirt, upturning a cloth. The white cloth of the gloves she brought to show you. The hand stitched sides from her grandmother in shades of her favorite colors (blue and green) looked worn and cut. Alastor looked at it then to your hands as you bent down and gently picked up the glove and then the other that laid under it.
Tears jerked at your eyes, but looked up at Alastor slowly.
"She would never leave without these..." you said slowly.
"Your right," He said, his mouth not moving, "she was kidnapped."

12 chapters to end of book 1