decorating - squad

Today me, my brother Shane, and our friends decided that it was time to decorate for christmas. We would set out some snacks, listen to Christmas music, and put up the tree. My boyfriend Garrett was outside working on putting up the christmas lights.
"Shane!" I yelled. "Where the hell is the tree topper?!"
"It should be in the small blue box." Shane said.
"Okay!" I yelled searching for the box. "Found it!"
"Okay." Shane yelled back as he pulled the blow up polar bear out of the closet.
I hummed along to the Christmas music as I wrapped the tinsel around the tree.
Ryland was in the kitchen making sugar cookies to decorate later on in the day.
I finished decorating the tree with Morgan and Andrew and then we plopped down on the couch.
"Tree looks good guys." Ryland said coming out of the kitchen.
"Thanks Ry." I said smiling and taking some chips out of the bag.
"Yeah." Ryland said.
Garrett came back inside from putting up the lights.
"Okay guys, lights are put up." Garrett said.
"Cool, let's watch some TV until the cookies are done." I said.
"Okay." Garrett said sitting down beside me and pulling me into his arms.
I leaned my head on his chest as I smiled watching the show.
After 15 minutes Ryland got up to pull the cookies out of the oven.
"Alright, 10 more minutes then we can decorate the cookies." Ryland said.
"Cool." Me and Shane responded.
Ten minutes had passed and then we got up. The frosting was in bags so we could pipe it out. There were lots of sprinkles out as well.
"Alright, decorate away." Ryland said.
I rushed into the kitchen as we split up the cookies so we could all decorate the same amount.
"My favorite time of year, decorating cookies." I said.
"Really, that's your favorite part?" Morgan asked me.
"Well, I mean, no, it's my favorite part of the holidays though." I said.
"Mh favorite part is hanging out with my family and my friends." Shane said.
We sat down at the table decorating our cookies and listening to music. I sat close to Garrett and held his hand while decorating.
I gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"What was that for?" Garrett asked me.
"For being my boyfriend and loving me." I told him.
"Always." He told me smiling and pulling me in for a kiss.
"Guys, get a room." Morgan joked.
"Morgan, chill." I said.
Garrett chuckled as he continued to decorate the cookies on his plate.