5

Chapter 5 || Jailhouse Rock

"Mad Dog." I snapped at the officer in charge of visitation "I need to see him."

"You're not on hi-" She started.

"I don't care about a stupid visitation list." I growled. "I need to see him. You're either going to let him see me or I'll take it up with the warden myself."

"Fine." She sighed. "Table beside the redhead, wait there."

"Thank you." I nodded. She turned her hateful stare onto John and Brady.

"They stay here." She demanded.

"Fine." I snapped, taking my visitor's badge and sitting at the table closest to Archie.

"What are you doing here?" Archie asked, turning away from Ronnie to question my presence.

"I'm taking care of business." I stated simply, glancing over at Ronnie who looked too happy about her visit to know that Archie's been jumped. "I'll come see you next week."

Before Archie could press me further, a muscular kid around my age hesitantly walked into the visitation room. His eyes scanned the tables before they landed on me. He was tense, and looked nervous. He sat across from me, furthest away from Archie, and leaned forward.

"Who are you?" He asked, his eyes darting around the room.

"I'm Katarina, my friends call me Kitty." I answered, holding my hand out to him. He hesitantly shook my hand with a nod.

"Munroe, but everyone in here calls me Mad Dog." He said, sliding his hand out of mine. "What can I do for you, Kitty?"

"You're Archie's cellmate." I stated, leaning forward and speaking quietly so Archie wouldn't hear. "I need a favor from you."

"Are you Kitty Jones?" Munroe questioned, his eyes wide.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Why aren't you talking to one of your Serpents?" He asked. "Why am I here?"

"Pay attention, big guy." I snapped. "I need you to have Archie's back. The Serpents in here have gone dark on me, can't get a hold of any of them. You, on the other hand, I have access to. Add me to your visitor's list so I don't have a problem next time."

"Have his back, that's it?" Munroe clarified.

"Don't let him get jumped again." I nodded. Slowly, he nodded his head. "Now, what can I do to repay you?"

"Can I get back to you on it?" He asked. I nodded and held my hand out to him. He shook it, and I turned to leave the visitation room.

"What business did you have with Mad Dog?" Archie called before I could pass his table. Munroe and I both stopped, turning to look at the redhead.

"Serpent business, Red." I answered, again glancing at Ronnie. "You just keep your head down and serve your time."

I left him there, wondering what I meant about 'Serpent business'. I tossed the visitor's badge into the tray beside the lovely female officer and glared at her.

"I want on Munroe's visitor's list." I stated, writing my name and contact information down on a sticky note. "Add this to his file, and we won't have any issues."

"Sure." She replied sarcastically. "I'll get right on it."

"I mean it." I snapped, looking down at her name tag. "Officer Lauren Daniels. I'll remember that name. John, Brady, remind me to look into Miss Daniels' family when we head home, might want to introduce myself to them."