32

Chapter 32 || Bad Batch

I turned down the hallway leading to the student lounge. Betty texted me earlier, telling me she wanted to talk to me about locking her mom up in Dilton's bunker. Just before I could make it inside the lounge, I heard banging on a locker. Backtracking out of the lounge's door frame, I caught sight of a girl from PE slamming her head into a locker repeatedly.

"Whoa!" I snapped, dropping my bag and rushing forward to grab the girl. She growled at me when I got close, but I ignored that and grabbed one of her arms.

"Kitty?" Jughead asked, watching me struggle to hold the girl far enough away from the lockers. "What the hell is going on?"

"Oh sure." I spat, tugging the girl with the help of one of her friends. "Stand there and ask questions instead of he-"

Before I could tear into my very helpful brother, the girl spazzing out shoved me so hard I nearly flipped before I hit the ground. Another one of her friends grabbed her, and that's all I saw before I hit my temple on the wall hard.

"Did she take something?" Jughead asked, his voice sounding closer than before. I felt his hands grab at my shoulders, pushing me down on the floor.

"Yeah, she took some G." One of the friends answered.

"Get her to the infirmary!" Jughead pressed, lightly prodding my temple and the side of my head.

"Are you okay, Kat?" Archie asked, dropping down into my vision.

"Peachy." I hissed, feeling a sharp pain from the front of my head. "What is going on with those Fizzle Rocks?"

"Shit, you're bleeding." Archie muttered, applying pressure to my apparent head wound.

"Call dad." I told Jughead, using Archie to pull myself into a sitting position. "Let him know about her, and that I'd like to rush our investigation."

"Kitty, you need to go home." Jughead shook his head.

"Or to the hospital." Archie added.

"I'm fine." I shrugged, feeling the pain slowly fade. "We need to call dad."

"I'll call him." Jughead sighed. "Just, stay down for a minute."

"Fine." I nodded, looking up at Archie. "Is it bad?"

"No." Archie shook his head. "Just a little nick, really. You seem all right, so I doubt you have a concussion."

"Not another cool scar?" I asked, sounding disappointed.

"Afraid not." Archie laughed.

"Dad needs us down at the station." Jughead sighed, pocketing his phone. "And you're riding with me because I don't trust you alone."

"I rode in with Sweets today, anyway." I shrugged, using Archie and Jughead as support to stand up again.

"Take it easy, Kat." Archie muttered, kissing my temple and leaving me with Jughead.

"Let's go." I said, pulling my phone out of my pocket. "Let me text Sweet Pea and let him know I'm leaving."

--------

"It's gotta be a bad batch." Jughead decided, eyeing the two men in the holding cell. "One that causes Fizzle Rock psychosis."

"Or the Fizzle Rocks are being cut with something." Dad suggested, cleaning the last bit of blood off of my temple. He gently placed a bandage over the slight cut and looked over at Jughead.