7

Chapter 7 || Opening La Bonne Nuit and the Flood Gates

Dressing nicely was something I hated for most of my life. The deep rooted hatred of wearing dresses stemmed from my mother's fantasy of me becoming a little Northsider princess, wearing pastel pink and dating someone like Archie Andrews. She wanted me to be homecoming queen, prom queen, she wanted me to excel in academics and go to college.

However, I had my own plans. I grew up around and with the Serpents, and spent most of my time with boys. Fangs and Sweet Pea were tough when I met them, and I wanted to be tough too. My dad liked the idea of me being able to protect myself, and encouraged the friendship between us three. And then Toni showed up, tougher and smaller than all three of us. We rarely dressed up.

Eventually my hatred for dressing up evolved from 'I'm a tomboy, leave me alone' to 'my mom wants a Northsider, I'll give her the opposite', and it drove her nuts. My mom and I never really got along, so much so that she had another daughter and spoiled the hell out of her. If I wasn't going to conform to her wants, she'd get Jellybean to do it. I loved my sister with my whole heart, but I despised how my mother treated her better than Jughead and I.

Now, standing in front of the only full-length mirror in the trailer, dressed in a very expensive and very nice black and green dress and matching heels, I wanted my mom to see me. I wanted her to see that I'd become not just a princess, but a queen, and that even though we're called the Southside Serpents, we ran the Northside. She would've hated it, and I would've loved it.

I adjusted the silver snake choker Cheryl gave me last Christmas around my neck, and smiled. Even though she crossed a line, I still loved her, and this choker made me happy. I fluffed my curls and made sure my makeup wasn't smudged, nodding my head in approval at my appearance.

"Hey, Kitty. Are you reaa-" Fangs' stopped mid-sentence, his jaw dropping as he took in the sight of me. "Holy hell."

"I know, I look good." I smirked, spinning around so he could see the whole outfit.

" I smirked, spinning around so he could see the whole outfit

"I- you- uh..." Fangs stumbled over his words, watching me.

"Relax, Fangs." I laughed. "You've seen me in dresses before."

"This is different." He gulped. "It's not just the dress, it's the attitude. I've never seen you wear black lipstick before, and you're confident as hell, and you're really beautiful."

"You're rambling." I sing-songed. "Will you help me into the truck? The dress and heels make it hard to climb."

"Yeah, yes." Fangs nodded. "You look very beautiful tonight, Kitty."

"Thank you." I smiled, grabbing his arm.

"Sweet Pea's riding with us." Fangs blurted out. I let out a soft laugh and pulled him out of the trailer.

"Okay." I shrugged. "That's fine."

"Is it?" Fangs asked, sounding genuinely confused.

"Of course it is." I nodded. He pulled open the door to his truck, helping me into the cab. I sat in the middle, knowing Sweet Pea would be joining us.