Tears and Hugs

"You're back." Four boys are seated in the living room, watching as Waverly slowly walks into the house. "Yeah." She mumbles kicking off her shoes. "Was the food good?" The first question she's asked makes her smile.

"I didn't really get to eat." She plops down next to Yoongi. "Why? What happened?" He asks, watching as she lays her head on his shoulder.

"It's nothing really. What are we watching?" She brushes it off, focusing on the movie playing on the tv.

The four boys exchange looks before refocusing as well. She would tell them if she wanted to.

But when they hear her sniffling they all rush to comfort her. "Why are you crying?" Jimin asks eyes wide. But all she can get out are broken sobs.

Waverly was someone who would have high spirits, so to see her balling her eyes out in front of them worried them. "What made you cry?" Hoseok asks holding out his arms for her, which she takes. Chocking on her cries as he wraps him arm around her.

And soon the five of them were on the floor in a big hug. The boys trying their best to comfort Waverly.

After an hour of trying to calm her down she finally settles causing the hug to break. The things they do for her. They all sat watching her like puppies. Waiting to see if she would say something.

"Dinner didn't go well. Caleb went off on me." Their gazes soften once they hear this because they know.

They know how much she misses her family and how much she longs to be with them. But they know especially how bad she feels since she left her baby brother. And to hear that he wasn't happy to see her broke their heart. All she wanted was to be in his life again.

"He yelled about how I left, and I haven't been there for the family. And that I must be fucking you guys because I'm a slut and what slut wouldn't have sex with the four guys she lives with." Her voice cracks at the end of her sentence.

"I tried not to get upset. But I did. What I said wasn't as hurtful as his words but what he said next really got me. I just couldn't stay. I almost crashed on my way here from the tears in my eyes." She breathes in a shakey breathe before catching the loving gazes of the males around her.

"But then I thought about you guys. And I know you wouldn't make it without me here. Especially Tae." She squeezes the hand that's holding hers before sighing.

"I love you guys." They all smile at her before reciting the same words to her. This was all she needed. Just a little love.

/////

Today was December 2. And for this household that meant it was time for decorating. Seeing as Waverly was the only person home, she took it upon herself to start.

Mariah Carey blaring through the speakers and a tone deaf voice coming from the living room anyone could tell that Christmas was about to vomit into the house.

But Waverly had no care in the world. She sat on the couch stringing popcorn and moving her fuzzy sock covered feet to the beat. "I don't want a lot for Christmas." She sings lightly.

Just as she was about to sing her high note the sound of the alarm notified her that someone had come home. "Someone's in the spirit." Yoongi's voice said from behind her.

"It's Christmas time." She cheezed at him, pearly whites on display. "Want any help?" He stole a piece of popcorn, tossing into the air and catching it in his mouth.

"Mind bringing out the tree? And tell Taehyung to bring home our hot chocolate." She refers to the yearly shipment. He nods before making his way out.

Half an hour later the tree is up, all the popcorn is strung and ornaments are in the process of being hung.

The two of them hung and wrapped and sparkled up the tree just to Waverly's liking, already knowing that the boys won't care what the house looks like.

As she finished wrapping the tree, an arm was wrapping around her waist, pulling her to them. "Shall we dance." Yoongi smiled down at her loving the way red dress looked against her skin. "Move slower." She scolded not wanting to slip in her socks.

And he complied. Anything to make her happy. "Have you written your list yet?" He asks as they glide around the room, making her nod in return. "Lets hang it now." She scurries off to her room, the puff on top of her head bouncing with her steps.

Soon she's back out attaching the gold piece of paper to it assigned spot right under her name. Yoongi stands next to her, peering up at whats written all while wrapping his arms around her shoulders, her cold hands coming to rest on his fore arms.

Movie night
Go to the carnival
Jewelry
A puppy
A boyfriend

Yoongi's brows raise at the last thing on the list. "You want a boyfriend?" He can hear her hum in response making him look at the side of her face. "We're getting kind of old don't you think? We can't all live together forever." She rubs his arm trying to produce warmth.

"Are we not enough anymore?" He asks watching the smile that spreads on her face. "You guys are way more than enough. But it's time to start looking for that person. And who better to help me than Santa." She turns to him with a smile.

Now don't get it twisted. Waverly knew that Santa didn't exist. And so did the boys.

They were grown ups and knew the truth about the world. But it feels nice to pretend. Pretend that everything is okay and that everything will be okay.

As long as no one gets coal in their stocking.