A Date?

"Lee! Your phone is ringing!" Jimin called from the living room. "Answer it." Waverly told him not moving her eyes from frosting her cookies. "Tae get the sprinkles." She ordered putting down the icing bag and holding out her hand. But instead of a bottle her phone was placed into her palm.

She looked up at Jimin but he just shrugged before walking away. "Hello." Waverly put the phone in between her ear and shoulder going to wash off any frosting that was on her hands. "Is this Waverly?" A seemingly familiar voice asked as she tried her hands.

"This is she." She waved her hand at Taehyung silently telling him to add the sprinkles before stepping out of the kitchen. "It's your dad." Waverly made a noise from realisation.

"How may I help you?" She could hear him sigh on the other side. "I wanted to know if you could come over soon." Waverly watched as the other three boys sat on the couch watching baseball together.

"I would have to check my schedule, I'm really busy." She said mindlessly.

"Ok well. You have my number now, call me when you decide. And I'm sorry for what happened the other night." She hummed before hanging up and moving closer to the tv.

"Who's playing?" Waverly leaned on the back of the couch, eyes focused on the screen.

"Green caps and the huskies." Hoseok answered her as a new player stepped into the diamond. 

J.J.K

They were all silent watching as he got ready to hit the ball. And he did once it was thrown. His legs moved fast around the diamond. First base. Second base. Third base. Straight home.

He seemed good.

"Lee! I'm finished!" Taehyung called sounding excited. "I'm coming." She detached her eyes from the flat screen and made her way back to the kitchen.

After an hour Taehyung's birthday cookies were baked and the five of them sat enjoying them. "Are you ready for your date tomorrow?" Yoongi asked Waverly. "I'm a little nervous. It'll be my first date not including you guys." The boys nodded understanding how nerve wrecking it would be.

"I'm sure it'll go fine." Jimin smiled at her. "You guys think I'm pretty right?" Waverly asked picking at her acrylics. "You're a model, you kind of have to be pretty." Taehyung answered her, to which she nodded in agreement. "That's true." She mumbled to herself before letting out a sigh.

"We'll just have to see what happens. Let's just enjoy the last night of the year we'll be together."

/////

"For two." Waverly smiled at the lady before she lead her to a nice separate area. "Thank you." She smiled sitting down. "Would you like to place a drink order now?" The young girl pulled out a pen and notepad but Waverly shook her head.

"Ring the buzzer when you're ready." She said before going back to her post. Waverly smiled leaning back into her seat. She was 10 minutes early because of her nerves but she wouldn't mind waiting. Yet at the same time she didn't have a lot of patience.

That's why when an hour passed and he still wasn't there she was calling the waitress to order.

"Can I have the shrimp alfredo, spinach and meat pizza, house steak with potatos, garlic knots, some mozzarella sticks, potato skins and a Cesar salad." Waverly listed off to the girl who moved her pen quickly across the paper.

"Anything to drink?" She asked a little nervous. "The most expensive wine you have and some lemonade please." Waverly finished off her order a smile on her face. "It'll take a while for the food." Waverly nodded at the girl, sending her off to the kitchen.

My Dae
I'm sorry about this.
7:12p.m

My bestie👋🏽erly
It's fine.
7:15p.m

I'll call you later.
7:15p.m

My Dae
Love you. 😘
7:16p.m

Waverly sighed putting her phone down on the table. This was what it felt like to get stood up. She didn't like it.

"Knock Knock." A hand knocked against her table startling her. "Who's there?" She looked up only for her eyes to widen. "Jungkook." Waverly jumped out of her seat meeting the gaze of the taller male.

"I was supposed to answer." Jungkook shook his head at her. "Sorry. Wanna do it again?" He shook his head again. "Wouldnt be the same."

"What are you doing here?" Waverly asked noticing his attire. Was he on a date? "Thought I would treat myself. Dress up nice and go on a solo date." Waverly nodded still staring at him. He was really good looking.

"Wanna join me?" She asked surprising him and herself. "If you don't mind." Waverly sat herself down gesturing for him to sit in front of her.

For a few seconds they just sat and stared at each other. Something they seem to do whenever they meet.

Jungkook soaked in how beautiful Waverly looked. She sported a new hairstyle that fitted her perfectly along with an outfit perfect for the chilly weather, timberlands bringing it all together.

In Waverly's mind all her brain cells were running around in a panic. Did she look okay? Was there anything on her face? Why is he so hot? Does he think she's hot? Why is her food taking so long?

"Excuse me." The same waitress was back with two people behind her. Waverly's eyes widened remembering how much food she ordered. The both of them watched as plate after plate was set in front of them. And once the last was set they were once again left alone. "Were you going to eat all of this?" Jungkook asks, a teasing smile on his face.

All Waverly can do is smile shyly.

Baseball player Jungkook Jeon was spotted at Rosaline's Cuisine last night accompanied by model Waverly King on New Years Eve.
Is this the birth of a new couple right before the new year?