18th December

Yoongi looked down at the dark liquid that sat in front of him. He held the mug between both of his hands and took a large gulp down his throat, smacking his lips in satisfaction.

"You know coffee is horrible for your teeth, right?" Victoria raised a brow at the boy. The pair were at Victoria's apartment, sharing a morning together before they headed out to work.

"Coffee is the only good thing about this world." Yoongi said, in a very serious tone making the girl across him gasp, and clutch her chest in feigned offense.

"I thought I was the boon of your existence." She said and Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"More like the bane of it." He said into his mug earning him an honest punch on the shoulder.

"Anyway, I wanted to talk about the Christmas Eve event we're gonna be having at the library." Victoria said, taking a sip from her orange juice. Yoongi listened attentively.

"Well, I was thinking that we should have Claude Debussy," She paused, taking a moment to look at the face of the boy and she wasn't surprised to see his expression.

It was empty.

"...okay-"

"But, and then I realized that-" she gasped, clasping her cheeks "-Debussy is dead!"

Yoongi leaned back, relieving a sigh while nodding.

"Alright, I think I see where you're going with this-"

"But then, I again realized that I know someone better than Debussy myself-"

"Victoria-"

"And he's alive!"

"I'm not-"

"And he's right here!"

"I'm not doing it Vic." Yoongi said sternly but the girl was just as stern in what she wanted to happen.

"Yes you are! You're an amazing pianist Yoongi, and I want the rest of Seoul to hear it." The girl said and as much as Yoongi was flattered, he still refused to play for the library event but he knew very well that his friend would not take no for an answer. She was just hard headed that way.

"I'll think about it."

"Good enough." Shrugged Victoria, finishing off her drink. A silence befell them after that, the only female in the room thinking carefully about what she was about to say next.

"I'm going to the clinic later on today." She said, deciding it be best if she just ripped the bandaid off completely rather than at a slow paste. Yoongi had involuntarily paused for a moment before easing his shoulders and pretending to look and sound unbothered.

"Okay."

"Would you like to come along with-" before she could finish the question the boy was already up from his seat, grabbing his coat. She sighed in defeat.

"We're gonna be late." Yoongi said, moving his mug to the sink. Victoria stood up abruptly, staring down at the counter as she spoke.

"Y'know you don't have to be an asshole about it. He wants to see you. He-he misses you." She breathed out the last part and Yoongi stared at her blankly, wearing the same masked expression he always had on.

"We're gonna be late." He repeated before walking away from the girl and leaving her alone in the kitchen.