24th December

"Tomorrow's Christmas." Yeul said, quite abruptly although her tone was mellow.

"Okay." Yoongi answered equally as mellow, although he seemed more disinterested than the latter.

The two were seating outside the library on the concrete steps, eating frozen yogurt out of mini sized cups.

"What are you going to be doing?" Yeul asked, taking a teaspoon into her mouth and keeping it there for savory purposes. Things sometimes tasted better when you keep the spoon in your mouth and lick it slowly. Just like how things tasted better when they're mini sized, for some reason.

"None of your business."

Yeul had expected this answer, which is why she was so unfazed by it and continued to speak.

"I don't have anything to do, I was planning on cycling through neighborhoods and staring at their Christmas lights." She said, looking into the far distant, already imagining the activity. Yoongi said nothing but continued to stare at his frozen yogurt, picking it with the small teaspoon.

"The song you played, what's it named?" Yeul turned to the boy, staring at him intently.

"Clair de lune." He answered, still not looking up at her.

"I liked it. Did you come up with it?"

"No."

"Ohh." She trailed off, looking at the vehicle passing by and silence engulfed them for a moment. It was comforting and warm, even though there was a growing cold wind. It carried Yeul's short hair  and she had to tuck it behind her ear to keep it from flying into her face.

"That song, I want it to play when I die."

The statement was quite random and surprising but Yoongi  seemed to be indifferent to it.

"Okay."

Silence.

"Hey,"

The girl turned her head, slightly shocked since this was the first time he'd said something that wasn't a response to her own questions. She stared at him expectingly and he continued,

"Why aren't you spending Christmas with your family?" He asked, finally turning his head to look at her.

She shrugged, searching under those dark bangs for his cool eyes and once finding them, not removing her gaze.

"I don't have one."

"Oh." He immediately turned his head, avoiding her gaze once more. There was no right answer to what she had said, Yoongi thought. He couldn't say sorry because that just implied that he pitied her or that he had done something wrong.

"Hey,"

She imitated his words, tilting her head teasingly so her face was clear at the corner of his eye. He didn't say anything but instead continued on picking at his plain frozen yogurt.

"Why can't you keep eye contact with me? Do I intimidate you?" She jabbed, smiling menacingly.

"No," The boy simply answered before taking the last mouth full of his treat then getting up from the ground.

"You're just really ugly."