HorrorTale X Reader - Chapter Six: The Choice

They all stared at me. "GO! NOW!" I yelled at them. "You can't go empty-handed." Horror stated. I glared at him. "You WILL listen to me and you WILL leave." I snarled. "No, I won't." Horror replies, irritated. "Fine, then I'll leave," I growl and start to walk away. "Y/n!" Horror called out but I spread my wings and flew off. Not looking back. Pain spread through my soul and heart, regret and sadness filled my senses as I flew in a random direction before I head back to my so-called 'home'.  I know they will try and get me, I know they'll come after me. And I know I can't let Gaster get Sans... Any of them. It would just be a full-on disaster if I did. Not only to this AU but others too, this is a lot bigger than my friend. Trees passed by me and I headed to the dungeon of my home. I never knew just how bad it was until Sans opened my eyes, and I'm grateful he did. I take a sharp turn and go low once I lose them and out of sight. I head straight home, and honestly, I hope Gaster don't try and find them himself, they are rather close, only a couple miles away. It's a scary thing and I would wait longer but I have to play along with this plan. I have to find a way to do this, if they do find me then I have to hurt them so they go away... The thought makes me want to cry, my eyes are watering from the wind as it is. It hurts me so much that I have to go through with this. I hate it, I hate Gaster. I soon land in the entrance of the prison, I put on a poker face and take a deep breath. I knock on the door, keeping my face cold. Gaster opens the door and looks around. "I don't see Sans anywhere," Gaster stated. "I've befriended them. I currently went missing and they are searching for me in the woods around the village." I say. Before Gaster can say anything I add a comment. "I am hoping that they come further into the forest and find this place. I've led some clues to head in this direction." I stated. "Don't you think that's a little risky?" Gaster asked. "Sans was smarter then I thought. It was hard for him to come willingly." I shook my head. Gaster hummed as I hear some ruffled leaves. Please don't be them. "Is there anything I need to know?" Gaster asked. "So far the plan is going smoothly. Sans tends to be hesitant but is following the path." I answered. "It would take just a few days to get there... Are you sure you're telling me the truth?" Gaster questioned. "That's from walking. Flying is a lot faster." I answer. "Why didn't you fly before?" Gaster asked, narrowing his eyes. He's smart... I think he's catching on to me. "Because then I couldn't play as a lost and hungry soul. If I just flew there I wouldn't be as skinny and weak, and the story I told wouldn't be as likely." I answered. Hopefully, it works. Gaster seems to think for a minute before accepting my answer with a nod. Internally I let out a sigh of relief. "I can feel his soul... He's close..." Gaster looked around. "Already?" I asked looking into the woods. "Is it just him?" I asked. "Seems so," Gaster smirked. How did Sans know the way here? That doesn't make sense, I lead them in the wrong direction. I kept trailing back to where it was, but a memory hit me. 

"I'm not going to let her die. I don't care if you escape afterward. I don't care what you say to him or what you do. But my friend will not be harmed because your to selfish to care. Because your to selfish to see that others struggle and have bad times." I say. My voice... it has changed. It was dark... it was scary..... intimidating. My eye's widened at my voice as Sans stared at me. I hold my throat. "Let me guess. Dr. Bastard didn't tell you anything about what he put in you." Sans stated. 

          Dr. Bastard... He knew him... He's been here. I gulped as a realization hit. He knew where we were going all along. He knew the way, he knew I was gonna leave them to try and protect them. He... knew. I looked back into the forest to try and find him. "Well, it seems your plan is over with, (Y/n). I will say though..." Gaster chuckled. My eyes went wide as I froze. "You almost had me convinced. But the little devices in your blood are saying otherwise." Gaster pulled up a little tablet. "I would have believed you." I looked at the tablet, it showed my heart rate, blood pressure, vitamins, calories, nutrients, everything. Knowing Gaster's interest in science he knows how to read weather I'm lying. Maybe even thinking. I gulped and stared at him. "Your smart, but I'm smarter." Gaster went to reach for me and I ducked, kicking him in the legs. I jumped back and almost ended up hitting a tree in the process. Gaster let out a slight grunt of pain, more like a breath before he stood up and looked at me. I was scared, so scared. "KID!?" I hear Sans yell a little ways from the forest. A rapid beeping sound came from the tablet as my heart rate increased. I gulped and watched Gaster carefully. Before I know it my friend is on the ground, gaster blasters aimed at her head. I froze. "I'm giving you one last chance (Y/n)," Gaster growled. She started crying, sobbing. Guilt ran through my body and soul. I couldn't, this was bigger than saving a friend, this was a fight between saving one life and thousands. I knew the right choice, but it was so hard, I didn't want her to die. I gulped as I felt my world around me go into a blur. Kid, tell me whats going on. I can't reach you physically. You've blocked yourself off. I just stood there, frozen. My friend... Was all I was able to say. My world, my only friend, was about to be killed. And it would be my fault. Kid... It's gonna be okay. I hear Sans try and reassure. "So what's it gonna be?" Gaster asked as the gaster blaster closer to her head. That's when she starts to plead. "I don't want to die. Please (Y/n). I can't die. I want to live." I can hear her voice ringing in my ears. Her pleads are continuous, non-stop. I feel a hand on my shoulder but I can't move. Tears are swelling up in my eyes. Her voice is like an echo in my head. I finally look to the side to notice it's Sans. I give up, I can't stand anymore. My legs buckle from under me as they can't support my weight. "I see someone has joined the show." Gaster chuckles. I can't even conceive what is going on. I'm going to get everyone out of here, okay? I hear Sans try and comfort. How? I ask and tears start to flow. Sans never answered my question. But he never left my side either. In a seconds notice the Gaster Blaster fires, and then another fire at me, causing me to go unconscious.