Chapter 2 Pride, Greed, and Lust

Chapter 2

Pride, Greed, and Lust

We walk for almost 20 minutes before we reach a giant gothic looking mansion. Tall iron gates cast dark shadows making the structure look more imposing than what it probably actually is. If I had seen this place in the human realm I would have steered clear of the structure by walking across the street to the other side.

Beelzebub had carried me for over a mile, and he showed no signs of exertion, if it had been me I would have been sopping wet in sweat. Though he showed no sign of being tired his stomach had let out a mighty growl more than once during the walk over. I look around as we walk up the front steps of the old mansion, it may have been old but it was in great condition. Beelzebub pulls open the front door to set me down on the carpeted floor into a hallway that led deep into the house. A double staircase parts on each side of the hall with giant stone dragon statues to each side. The walls are covered with old pictures depicting different things, each one portraying a time long since past.

"Thank you again Beelzebub." I look up at the tall redhead and smile my appreciation for having carried me so far. I may be on the short side but I didn't consider myself light.

"You can call me Beel, Hana. I look forward to the cheeseburgers." I was going to have to ask someone if they have cookbooks around here. I was curious about their cuisine. Beel walks deeper into the house leaving me with Mammon. Asmo had walked in and gone up the steps when we had arrived.

"Okay human, listen up." Here we go again, I glare up at Mammon as he looks down on me.

"Yes, asshole?" I bat my eyelashes.

"Watch your mouth." He snaps at me as he glares. I wasn't about to take his shit though. He may have a thing against humans but he didn't know me.

"Watch yours. My name is HANA!" I yell up at him.

"Listen here bitc..." Mammon gets in my face.

"Mammon! Enough!" Lucifer walks from another room and I can feel the heavy pressure wafting off of him again. I back away from Mammon slowly as I keep my eyes on Lucifer. Even though Mammon was in my face and angry, he still doesn't radiate power with just his presence like Lucifer does.

"Asmodeus sent me a message saying you were not taking this job seriously. Are you in need of some discipline? I have a couple hours tonight I can spare to remind you of how much we need this program to work. I'll show Hana to her room, you meet me in my room when I message you. Hana, follow me." Lucifer turns his back to me, and I pass by Mammon who is glaring at Lucifer's back.

Lucifer unlocks a door before handing me the key. The room I enter is bigger than my apartment in the human realm, and there is a beautiful tree in the center of the room. A large bed is placed underneath with dozens of pillows. A sitting area is off to the side along with a small kitchenette. I can't help but take a slow look over the room, it's gorgeous. A fire place adorns one wall and I crane my neck as I see an open doorway that leads to a spacious bathroom.

"This room is beautiful." I breathe, talking mostly to myself. Lucifer sits at a table in the room and points to another chair where I see books stacked and what looks to be a cell phone. I sit down but fidget slightly, Lucifer makes me nervous, he is intimidating, but also absolutely gorgeous, dark black hair that fans across his forehead and dark red tinged eyes.

"I see that you and Mammon have gotten off to a rough start. I also received a lovely video of the two of you arguing already. Is this going to be a problem? I can't discipline you as I do him, but I have had thousands of years of coming up with different punishments. I don't have an issue with you standing up for yourself, but remember this, we are demons and you, Hana, are a human." Not like I could forget seeing as they had taken me out of the human realm and brought me here without my consent.