Chapter 29 Belphie

Day Three

Part 3

Hana

I needed to remember, I know I did. But as the images flash through my head of my last trip down Nightmare Lane...I wish I hadn't remembered. My stomach jolts, and nausea sets in. Can you puke in your astral form? I feel like I'm about to find out. Belphegor goes to his knee beside me and I can feel his hands on my shoulders.

"Hana, please don't cry. I don't know how to handle tears. It's been a few thousand years since I willingly dealt with a crying female, even before then it was only my sister." I don't know what to do with a crying girl. She was raised human, but she wasn't human now. I didn't like humans, but I liked her. I didn't want to see her cry. She gives me a watery smile and tries to dry her tears.

"Belphie...have you met anyone else here recently?"

"No, I'm always alone here.Unless my dickhead oldest brother shows up...How did you know to call me Belphie?"

"Beel talks about you a lot."

"Really? Beel talks about me to you?" I'm surprised that Beel talks to her about me, or maybe that he is talking to her at all. Beel didn't talk a lot to people he didn't know. What had happened in the month that they had known each other?

"Yeah, you are his twin. He said he misses you. You guys used to sleep in the same room, so sometimes he wakes up and looks for you when he's half asleep, he woke me up a couple times looking for you. Belphie why are you locked up here?"

"I can't say right now. But Hana...why are you sleeping in Beel's bedroom?" She looks confused for a moment and then something dawns on her. She looks at me closely than shocks the hell out of me when she reaches out to touch my cheek. I feel a current of of power flowing between us and a connection that runs deeper than what I've ever experienced before. Her eyes light up. Is she feeling the same connection?

"Because he's one of my b..." A look of surprise flashes on her face and then she fades from the room.

"No!!"

But she is gone, someone must have woken up her physical body.

What is she to Beel? I can still feel her touch against my cheek, and the connection between us is still there.

But better yet, what is she to me?

Hana

I open my eyes to Beel shaking me awake.

"Hana, it's almost time for dinner. Luke cooked some awesome looking dishes and I'm hungry! Let's go eat! I can carry you so we get their faster." He hands me a simple dress to slip on. I take off the shirt I'm in and slip the dress on. Luckily it has a pretty good built in bra.

"Beautiful, now let's eat. Gah I'm starving!" Beel is literally drooling thinking about food and I can hear his stomach growling.

"Beel, you're always starving! I can walk." I laugh at him. But he sits on the edge of the bed and puts his hands behind his back.