Chapter 46Found

Hana(in my fantasy world demon pregnancy develop faster than a humans and certain creatures can feel the life force of a new soul)

Furniture crashing and glass shattering startles me back into consciousness. The bastard king picks up what looks like a monitor and throws it against a wall with such forced that it leaves a giant hole in the rock wall. I don't move and barely open my eyes to keep from drawing his fury toward me.

What in the hell was happening. I see a bloody pile in the corner of the room and have to hold in my startled breath when I realize it is Malphas. His neck is bent at an odd and his face has been smashed in.

"That little bastard was one step ahead of me! How dare he humiliate his father this way?!"

He comes my way and jerks me off the bed and shakes me ferociously. My head pounds from the force of his shake.

"I told you I didn't want you to complete your Bonds!" He rips my shirt down the middle and runs a nail of my completed bond mark. I flinch as blood wells under his sharp nail and I grit my teeth to keep my scream inside. He puts his hand on my stomach and his nails sink into the skin.

"I had plans to plant my seed inside you but it seems I am too late. Should I abort the fetuses now or should I let you carry the brats? I may be able to use them later on. It would be a waste to destroy the chance of acquiring such power that I could mold for my own means." I start to hyperventilate at his words. No, this can't be happening. I couldn't be...pregnant. It was too soon. I feel like puking and I'm sure it is out of the stark terror than from morning sickness. He pushes me back before going back over to Malphas crumpled form.

"Be glad I found another use for you. Make sure nothing happens to those fetuses because I will rip the head from your shoulders if she miscarries."

I had thought I had been feeling terror before but there was something building inside me besides terror, resolve. If I was scared to fight for myself how was I supposed to protect the lives growing inside me? I look around the room at all the broken objects scattered around. When you lived on the streets you had to learn resourcefulness to survive and one thing I had picked up was picking locks. I wasn't proud of myself for learning it but when you needed a warm place to sleep an abandoned building worked just fine. But even if they were abandoned they were usually locked.

Ah! My hair! I had forgotten that I had Bobby pins in my hair from whenever they had been placed for the ball. I couldn't be for certain on how much time had passed but my hair had a tendency of trapping things inside it. Bobby pins would surface in the curly mass days after I had thought I had removed them all. I push myself upwards to try to as nonchalantly as possible feel around in my hair for the hidden pins. Yes! Grasp the edges of my torn shirt and tie them together. Luckily I had a bra on so I slipped the pins under my breasts. I could even pry the wire out of the bra but I would need to be alone for that. Glass cracks under boots as the old king makes his way back to me. He turns up his nose slightly at my appearance.