Chapter 43 Taken

Hana

"Hana!" I look up as I hear Lucifer shout my name from where I had wondered off to the side. I had thought I had seen something out of the corner of my eye and had come to investigate. Stupid me. A large cold hand drops on the skin of my shoulder before I am drawn backwards and caged in someone's arms. Terror in my veins I looked up into the sadistic smile on Malphas face as my world spins and everything goes dark. The last thing I saw are the frantic faces of my mates reaching towards me as I am stolen away.

Lucifer

"Hana! Fuck!" Fury and panic are a beast of pain inside me as I watch my Hana being dragged into the arms of Malphas and phased away. I grind my teeth together to keep from letting my absolute fury take hold. Fury at the bastard who had taken her, and fury at myself for not reaching her in time for her to be stolen away. One of my teeth crack from the pressure of clenching my jaw and I grind down on the tooth so the pain can clear my head. Blood fills my mouth and I spit it out in disgust. The pain does nothing to touch the pain I am feeling through my soul right now.

"I can not track her energy trail. He has hidden her behind a barrier of some sort, or has bound her in energy in some way." Diavolo says. I hear a large crack of a tree being split and see Beel pull his bloodied fist out of the tree and scatter the blood in the air. Hundreds of flies form from the blood droplets and fly off. One wouldn't associate flies with something that can spy on other creatures, but they were small and no one thought they were being listened to when they spied a fly in their home.

"The flies go to any place they fill the energy of Malphas and his followers." Beel says as he drops his bleeding fist to the side. He doesn't bother to stop the blood from flowing.

"What the fuck does he want with her?"

"Maybe leverage against Lord Diavolo?" Solomon says as a grimoire appears in front of him. He speaks ancient words of power from the book and several demons, spirits, and a Djinn appears. He pulls a small vial from his robes that contains a lock of Hana's hair that he had cut from her just in case of an emergency. Hair contained a persons essence and could be used to track them or cast in spells against the person. People who knew magic usually made sure to never leave pieces of themselves behind so it could be used against them. I was glad that Solomon had the forethought to take a clipping of Hana's hair. The vial in Solomon's hand shattered and the hair within caught fire as he sent a spell through it that would help those he had contracts with track her down.

"He doesn't want Hana as leverage. She has a far greater purpose in this life than just to use as leverage against another. You all know just how special her existence is, how she connects all the realms. But you truly don't understand just how special she is, how much her life will influence every living thing in every realm." Michael says as he looks to each of us.

"We already know she is special. She is special to all of us." Simeon says.

"She is, but her existence in this life, her meaning, her purpose, why she was created, why the Creator allowed a being such as she to exist. She is what ties everything together, and through her great peace can be attained. But, with everything in life there is a good and bad. Flip the tapestry of her life around and you can see where she can be used for great evil also. The old King has awakened, and he will once again try to control everything within his reach. Hana can give him that. Power, the means to reach into every realm that he wants to control. Her blood, her soul is the very key to all three realms. I as an Archangel can come into the Devildom uninvited, but I am not at my full strength. Hana on the other hand will be at full strength in whatever realm she walks in, and through her blood so will someone that wants control over her." My brother says to me, and I can see the heartbreak on his face. Michael truly loved my mate, maybe not in the way we loved her, but in his own way. She was his daughter and he truly saw her that way.