Chapter 47 Victory

Hana

When I was a little girl I thought my life would never amount to anything. I was an abandoned child growing up in the foster care system, living a nightmare of hearing and feeling the thoughts and emotions of the monsters around me. Every step that I took I took alone with no one there to hold my hand as I crossed the dangerous streets of life. Every choice I made was about survival and I truly believed that I would go through my life alone, without a friend or family to call my own.

But life is full of surprises. My first surprise was when Maggie gave me a home at the diner. She was the first warmth that had come into my life and had given me hope. She planted the seed that maybe there would be more to my life than the nightmares that plagued my sleep. And then I was brought here. I'll be the first to admit that the beginning of my journey scared the absolute piss out of me. Waking in this place that I hadn't believed real, meeting them, learning who and what I really was, coming to love myself, to love them. Our connections grew with each passing moment, each touch, each word, every time we came together something inside me grew, became more. Our connection could never be broken, nothing could keep me from them or them from me. We were all one, and would forever be that way.

As the arrow that I released flies towards its target, all of them, my Bondmates, connect to the power that is within me, within them, the power shatters and reforms to become something bigger, something whole.

But not only my mates or myself have grown through our connection. The realms have as well as we all unite against a single enemy, a common cause of vanquishing the nightmare before us. A nightmare that has finally become trapped in his own web.

I can see it, the threads that now bind us all together as it weaves around the single arrow that I have released. The threads grow stronger, brighter, and I know that my arrow will hit its mark. That us standing together would bring down the enemy before us.

My arrow strikes true, right in the shriveled heart of the old king. A king that had fallen so low into the darkness that he had wiped out the only lights that could have grown, his wife and his son. If only he hadn't tried to tarnish the only good in his life and maybe this would not have been his fate. His fate to be wrenched apart by the power of the ones he deemed beneath him.

I hold my breath as I watch the old king swell with the power of his demise and his body shattered like stone to become dust carried in the wind.

All is silent for a single moment before shouts of victory ring in the air. All I can do is stare at the pile of dust that is left of the man that had tortured me, demeaned me, and tried to possess me before my knees go weak and the only thing keeping me up is my mates that suddenly surround me.

"Hana!"

"You did it!"

"Hana!" I am engulfed in hugs, passed around for kisses. Diavolo envelops me in his large body as he shakes from the emotion of watching his father meet his end after so many years of trying to keep him contained.

"Hana...Hana...I...thank you, my love." I kiss him with everything I have and then smile when I hear the catcalls from the people around us. Michael lands before us with a grin on his face.

"King Diavolo if you will let me hug my daughter." Diavolo's eyes show shock for a moment before all the demons bend to their knee before their new king.

"Long live King Diavolo!" Rings out from all the demons and even the Celestials bow their heads in respect. Michael engulfs me in a hug and whispers to me.

"Thank you, Daughter." He says and then laughs as he adds. "Are you ready to become a queen?" He laughs again at the look on my face. Nope! A queen I am not. But Diavolo looks at me with mischief in his golden eyes before his deep voice booms out.

"Welcome our new Queen!" I almost have a damn heart attack when the demons and even Celestials shout out a chorus of "Long live Queen Hana!" I can tell from the sudden snickering of my mates that the look on my face must be priceless and then I become even more shocked when Levi and Asmo whips out their phones and snaps a picture. I glare at them and neither of them have any shame as they give me a what look.

"What? Your face is priceless and we must capture this moment for years to come." Asmo says and Levi shakes his head in agreement. I roll my eyes at them. O

nly those two would even bring their phone to a battle so they could 'capture' the moment. They aren't the only ones who find the moment amusing as laughter rings out around us. Never a dull moment with my mates.

"I believe celebration is in order! Bring on the Demonus and Celestial Spirits!" Someone belts out and everyone shouts their agreement.

"Time to celebrate!"

............

Michael

She's a wonderful woman isn't she? A small fragment of Lilith's soul speaks from within my mind. This small fragment had lived within me for thousands of years while we waited for this time to come.

She is...My soul daughter throws her head back and laughs as she is passed between her mates as they dance and celebrate with those around them as I fly above them. It really is a wonderful thing, watching as our races come together in celebration. Celestials, demons, and even a few human sorcerers mingle together as they make merry.

Our brothers have never been so happy. She has brought back the light that had started to dim from within them. Lilith whispers in happiness. It wouldn't be long before this small fragment of Lilith's soul disappeared. It held no power of its own after giving Hana everything it had. This was just the last of the pieces that made Lilith Lilith.

Where will you go now Lilith? Most of you has dissipated but for this small spark. A spark that I would forever miss once it was gone.

I think I want to begin anew. There is a light shining from within Hana that is calling for this piece of my soul. It is time that I am no longer 'Lilith' and the chapter of my story will come to a complete end. I feel that I am excited to move onto my next journey, even though I will no longer be 'me'. Maybe in my next life I will find what I sought in my old one.

Being what I am, a celestial turned demon, I didn't believe that my soul could be purified so that I may enter the cycle of rebirth. I'm glad that even though I won't be 'Lilith' I will be able to stay by their sides. She laughs. So now my Soul daughter will become 'my' mother. My next life will be great adventure.

Goodbye little sister...

Goodbye Michael... I watch as the small fragment of Lilith's soul enters into Hana to fuse with the soul of one of the newly formed.

............

Hana

Bliss, love, tranquility, happiness, there are so many words I could think of for this moment but none seem to truly capture what I am feeling right now. We had did it, something that hadn't seemed to be in our grasp was now firmly captured. Victory. Peace. Unity. This part of my journey had finally come to an end. My journey hadn't always been easy but I learned from it and grew. My hand drops to my stomach as I watch my mates and a smile forms on my face. This wasn't the end of my journey but the beginning.

.........