Chapter 5 Leviathan-Envy

Leviathan-Envy

Lucifer sent me a message asking me to pull up any and all information that I could find on Hana. Typing in her name and her social security number and doing some illegal hacking I pull up what files I could find on her. She had been found outside of a local church in a small town. Her umbilical cord was still attached and she had been wrapped in a blood covered sheet. The church gave her over to the local hospital and she went right into the foster care system upon her release. From then on she had been passed around between dozens of families and spent time in a handful of institutions.

I found some medical records from visits to her local emergency room. A broken arm, contusions to her head, sexual assault and beatings from a whip were on a list spanning a couple years. The visit, after being beaten with a whip, resulted in the arrest of one of the orphanage heads. He was later found brutally murdered in his cell. His entrails cut out while he still lived, his cell had been locked down and security cameras showed no one entering or leaving. I would have to try to find the camera information later, it would be something Lucifer would be interested in seeing. 

She ran away from her last foster home at 16. Hana then disappears completely before reappearing at 18 having aged out of the system. She qualified for numerous grants to finish high school and started working on her college degree. She earned a cooking licence as she worked on a business degree. She applied for a building loan but had been denied. She was in process of trying to get another through a different lender. Beel had mentioned that she said that she could cook. I guess they weren't just empty words to appease Beel. She had meant them.

I hear a knock on my door and Satan sticks his head in.

"Did you hear that Hana is unconscious in the medical unit?"

"What? Why?"

"Mammon and Asmodeus said that they will tell us together. Beel is meeting us down there. Lucifer and Lord Diavolo are already there. He said to finish up the background check later, he wants it a.s.a.p."

We both phase out of the room and outside the medic. I knock on the door to announce our presence. Lucifer's voice comes from the other side.

"Come in, quietly." Satan and I walk in to a private room. Medical workers are standing around Hana's bed in the center blocking her from our view. They finish what they are doing and Lucifer tells everyone to leave except us and Lord Diavolo. I get my first full view of Hana and the shock I feel is reflected on the others face. A barrier field surrounds the bed and the girl laying in the middle is so much different than the girl I had met earlier. She has the beauty of an angel with curling raven hair that reaches below her hips. Her skin is flawless with her cheeks flushed as though she had a high fever. But the biggest shock is the brands that tattoo along the sides of her face, and spread lower to her neck chest and down her arms.

"What is this Lucifer? I thought she was just a human girl? What's this appearance? Why the change?" Satan asks Lucifer.

"Whatever we discuss right now is to stay between us. I made all the medic team make a sworn vow of silence. For them to speak it outside the allowed circle means death."

"Is this that serious?" I ask stunned by the look on Lucifer's face.

"Yes, this could change the fates between the races, it is that serious." Lord Diavolo says, his usual light tone serious, his face rigid.