15 - ♣ The first meeting(i)

SCENE: DMITRI MACHIAVELLI (THE YOUNGER MACHIAVELLI) & BARBARA(ARTIST)

"I love that you're trying to help Barb. But honestly, I'm good." He said, moving over to sit on her chair.

"For every personal painting I do, I'm allowed to invite renowned worldwide art critics, as many as I want, to come into the confines of my home, the Machiavellian Mansion, and look at the painting. If I wanted a hundred to come, then a hundred will come. As many people as I want, can come look at it, but in the confines of my home. I'm just not allowed to be a formally registered and paid artist. I don't even need money. The family's drowning in enough of it already."

"This is all just so fucked up though. People would kill to have your life Dmitri. Girls would betray just about anyone, if it meant being with you for one night. Look at you. You're every girl's dream walking on two foot".

"And your point exactly?" Dmitri asked cocking an eyebrow and favouring a smirk, not bothering to take offense at her words.

"Dmitri, I'm the only friend you've got outside your family. I mean, we've been through everything together. We've been best friends, we've been crime partners, we've been enemies, we've been... are lovers. You're a good man Dmitri. Not a honest man, but a good man. And sometimes, good is just about enough. Only you gets to decide what you do with your life alright? Not someone... or something else. We've been friends for just over ten years now. So you can trust me to know I'm right. And you also know that no matter what, I'll always be here waiting for you. Shit happens? Yes. Everybody knows that. But if it's going to happen, then it's going to happen with me right by your side." She said, mustering up a firm resolve.

"Geez! Why so serious Barb? This is a mere conversation, not a commitment to go to war. Listen, I would have really loved to hear more about this new talk of yours, but I did tell you I had to get to somewhere else soon. I promise to make it up to you though. Dinner, Saturday night? I'll come pick you up from your house directly. Be ready by seven" he said, standing up.

"Are you asking me out on a date Dmitri?" Barb asked playfully biting her lip

"No I'm not. I just gave you an excuse to see you on Saturday, so I can properly fuck you the way I want to. Now send those paintings to my car so I can get the hell out of this place". And he walked off, making a grand exit, effectively making her speechless, breathless, and oh my god! Did she just cum? Men, she was in trouble!

---|~♦||•♦•||♦~|---

SCENE: ROVANNA GOUCHER(ARTIST)

AT THE PHILADELPHIA ART INSTITUTE...

"Just one more class. One more class and you'll be out of here Rovanna."

She muttered over and over to herself encouragingly, as she dragged her tired body down the hallway, heading to the last class she was supposed to teach for today; before going on her one week leave of absence, starting tomorrow.

Honestly, she could not wait. She loved her job.

It was a very good one actually, but between lecturing and her real love: painting, she had no time for herself!

Coupled with the fact that her best friend Sophie, had her wedding coming up in three days time, and she was the bridesmaid.

Planning the big bachelorette surprise party and going for numerous wedding rehearsals, further took more into the already little time she had.

Still lost in thought, she was suddenly shoved to the floor roughl,y and with all the anger and frustration within her, she screamed out

"what the hell!?" Looking up she saw it was her best friend Sophie. Speaking of the devil.

"I'm so sorry Ro. I meant to surprise you. As I hit you, you fell backwards. Wow! Tensed much?" Sophie asked as she crouched down to help Rovanna back to her feet.

"um..Sophie? what are you doing here?" Rovanna asked, dusting her skirt

"Uh... I work here too, the last time I checked" Sophie replied in a duh tone.

Rovanna rolled her eyes exasperatedly

"I know that... obviously. I meant, why are you here at this time? Don't you have your wedding to plan?"

"Yeah I wanted to talk to you about that" Sophie replied softly, suddenly becoming nervous, pushing her hair behind her ear and twiddling her thumbs.

"Why? What's wrong Baby?" Rovanna asked, instantly concerned.

"I'm not sure if I want to go through with the wedding anymore" Sophie blurted out, shaking, as tears pooled up in her eyes

"Haha! You always knew how to crack good jokes Sophie. I mean, it was so good I almost believed it, can you imagine that?" Rovanna rhetorically asked laughing, her features relaxing, certified now that Sophie was only joking.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ • • • • • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ • • • • •

Author's Note

Voila! Sweethearts. Finally another chapter. Phew! Please don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Follow

I hope you enjoyed it

•♣♠♪♥♦• •♣♠♪♥♦• •♣♠♪♥♦•